CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newjack76
    replied
    i havent been here in awhile,and this is a shock, R.I.P C.P.

Leave a comment:

• ChuglyXJ
    replied
    I cannot believe this. I log on to send Marc a message about a project I did and he was interested in seeing and find out that he's gone. Words can't even start...

A bad week ends even lower, a great, great man has been lost.

Leave a comment:

• redkat750
    replied
    I haven't been checking on this site for a while. This is unbelievable. I never met or spoke to Marc but I felt like he got me through my first year riding, just by reading his posts. RIP CyberPoet, you will be sorely missed.

Leave a comment:

• MadMaxEsq
    replied
    I'm speechless. RIP

Leave a comment:

• SlimDizzleATL
    replied
    Tragic...

Still pretty new to the site, but CP's threads have been a huge help. Prayers sent up for his family, girlfriend, and loved ones.

"Life is short, but sweet for certain" - DMB

Leave a comment:

• 4g vtec
    replied
    holy crap! i just got on the board since i havent on the last week due to my schedule and just saw this... i wanted this to be such a bad joke, this is completely surreal... i still dont want to beleive this...

CP you will really be missed, thanks for all the help u lend me and everyone else on the board, for sharing your life experience and knowledge, for always being willing to give out such a hand even when you dont know us....

you will be on my prayers! RIP

Leave a comment:

• Uloset
    replied
    This is truly terrible news. I haven't really been on in the last few days just stopped by a few times real quick to check in. I looked at someone’s sig and couldn’t believe what I saw. He was always so approachable and willing to help no matter how dumb the question. My condolences to all his family and friends RIP.

Leave a comment:

• J///Kidd
    replied
    RIP Marc.

With that head on his shoulders and the amount of respect/seriousness/experience, etc. for riding, I never thought it would end like this for him. I have only known him through this site (and KP) and had the pleasure of dealing with him a few times.

Exceptionally knowledgeable, tremendously helpful and, from what I could tell, an all-around great guy.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all his family and friends who now must endure this loss.

-John

Leave a comment:

• Cale_Kat
    replied
    I can't seem to post on SweetLou's memorial thread but I wanted to share a a bit more about Marc's generosity.

Several years ago, I bought a very nice rear shock (Ohlins SU-801 rear shock with remote & remote preload adjuster) from CP for my '00 Katana 750. I'd had my bike for about a year and was looking for a special upgrade. Marc found the last 5 Ohlins (on the planet?) at the Ohlins factory in Sweden and secured them for sale through Katriders. I lucked out and got in a request just in time. So many others on this site were more deserving but I got it because Marc was such a straight shooter. The price was incredibly low. Then a bit over a year ago, his bike was stolen and and he lost the one shock he'd kept for himself. I was very impressed how everyone here came together to help him buy a replacement bike. It was so important to help Marc because had given so much to this community.

Once we helped Marc get that replacement bike, I remember thinking, if i ever sell the Katana, I'll want to make certain he gets that shock back. It wasn't long after that I had my chance and we had a nice little piece of barter going with the shock for parts I needed for my recently acquired V-Strom.

Sorry about the long post, he was a fixture at Katriders and gave so much more than he ever took. He will be sorely missed.

Leave a comment:

• Newbie2it
    replied
    Paula, I am sorry for your loss and really ****ed that someone would steal from you and Marc when theres absolutely no need for it. I hope you can figure out who that scumbag was.

Leave a comment:

• fyreous
    replied
    You will be missed

Wow, being fairly new to Katriders this year, CyberPoet's wealth of knowledge still immediately caught my attention and he provided me a lot of great help and advice with my bike. I am so sad to hear that he's gone now. He will really be missed.

Leave a comment:

• HS2020
    replied
    I moved Paula's Post over to this Thread. So that everyone could see it. She can now post anywhere on the site.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaKat
    replied
    Paula - I am so deeply sorry. I realize my phone call to you was just a feeble attempt by me to offer my condolences. As you know, Marc was very instrumental in teaching me about motorcycles/life.

If there is ANYTHING I can do, being local, please call me (or ask Van).

I will always remember our rides together and for you/him taking me in when I needed a shoulder to lean on. Thank you for being such a patient and kind person.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• t.c.mitchell
    replied
    i can not believe that someone would actually do that! well, i guess i can, but still just like lou said, you have to messed up totally in the head!

Leave a comment:

• zuma
    replied
    I missed meeting you by one day, Paula. I heard nothing but good about you. May God's hand be on your shoulder now.
    love
    Zuma

Leave a comment:

Working...
X