CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joe
    replied
    Cyberpoet was directly responsible for injecting new life into my katana because of his extensive knowledge and the parts he offered. I never had the pleasure of meeting him personally but that did not stop him from offering unsurpassed assistance with my problems and questions. This is truly a sad day.

Leave a comment:

• Black_peter
    replied
    There isn't much I can say at this point that hasn't been said.
    This is truly a loss for KR. But since I am never at a loss for words..

Marc's knowledge about Katanas made for a lion's share of the information on this site. Whether you describe him as the "answer to the question no one asked" or trusted guru, Marc was a Force Majeure des Katanas. He did quite literally write the book.
    Marc and I didn't always see eye to eye. I'm not sure our personalities would have meshed in real world but I highly respected his opinions even when I didn't agree with them.
    We were go-to-guy's for each other. Within the confines of this board,at least, I don't think we trusted anyone's intelligence, knowledge and technical expertise more. We checked in with each other on subjects as varied as the weight per ml of deuterium oxide to the work of Irving Penn.
    Within minutes after reporting to KR that some of my tools had been stolen, my paypal account was $100 richer. When I gratefully declined, 25 pounds of tools arrived Via USPS.. Something that still gets me dirty looks from the postman.
    KR the site, the members, the concept are all in shadow in the wake of this loss. However as long as KR exists, as long as Katanas are on the road. Marc's knowledge, his contributions and his spirit will remain.

Be at peace Marc, may we meet when the wheel brings us to the same place. May the gods and goddesses welcome you. Let them bring your loved ones comfort and may you visit us when we need you.

Pegs down...

Leave a comment:

• loudnlow7484
    replied
    I'm absolutely at a loss for words. CP was one of the handful of people that really hold the whole board together. It's definitely a sad day for so many. I can't begin to say all the things in my head. What a wealth of information that was lost. I always meant to make it to the rally, so I could talk to him in person. Keep us updated on things. If the funeral is going to be open to the KR community, I'll do my best to make it down.

Leave a comment:

• smitty600
    replied
    OMG!!! Im in total shock, dont know what to really say.. I met marc in person, he's a was a great guy.. You will be greatly missed my friend.. I wish your family and GF the best and my condolences..

Pegs down for a while...

Leave a comment:

• twotonevert
    replied
    Wow, I am very sad to hear this. I was always on the board when I had my 2k 600 kat but I lurk more now. Cyberpoet was always steady and on an even keel. Rest in Peace brother, you will be missed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X