CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifty
    replied
    Posted over on ducatimonsterforums.org...

RIP Marc! You will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• kevin2502000
    replied
    I think it is safe to say he literally knew thousands of people, if not in person at least conversed with on this site and others. They say you can measure the impact a man made in life by the attendence at his funeral, I can guarantee if it was close enough for everyone that knew him to go personally, they would have to rent a stadium.........

Leave a comment:

• Shifty
    replied
    Wow I don't know what to say... I was on the phone with my buddy when I saw this and I was suddenly rendered speechless... I feel like someone punched me in the stomach and I never even met him in person. This is terrible news obviously, I give my condolences to all his other friends here, as well as his family. His insight and help were invaluable here on KR, and I'm afraid no one will ever be able to fill the void left behind by this man. I don't know what else to say...

Leave a comment:

• Nero
    replied
    Not to distract from this thread but I just went through the last 27 pages. If you take the time to do so, you'll find an amazing amount of accolades for Marc. What I also saw was that, though we have our differences, we come together in a time like this.

There is simply no other website that I've ever seen that exhibits this kind of family atmosphere. It is quite extraordinary, really. In this sense, Marc's loss was much like that of a sibling. I suppose this is why it all seems so surreal. I too had to go back to the webpage this morning to verify that this was real.

When I first read the news yesterday, I choked up. Strange. I'd only met Marc once in-person, and that wasn't wholly positive, and yet, I felt a great sense-of-loss. I was heavy-at-heart all day yesterday. To read the replies, it seems that I'm not alone in that feeling.

I think Marc would have been tremendously humbled by this thread of admiration. I can only hope he knew how indispensable he was.

Leave a comment:

• Mojoe
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
    I have been thinking a lot about this. Things like this really seem to hit home for me, and I just want to put this out there, so please don't take it the wrong way.

We are all motorcycle riders. Some of us, it is our life passion, others of us, its our weekend relaxtion/getaway. Whatever it is for you, that is fine. No judgement because we are all brothers and sisters of 2 wheels.

I think Marc was in the catagory of Life Passion. And I know that if I have to go, I want to go doing something I truely love. I like to think, that maybe it was his time, and on some Karmic level, he choose his own destiny, and his out in this life was to go out doing something he truely loved. Something he loved with all of his heart and soul.

I know it doesn't make it any easier to accept, and that it still sucks. But to pass away enjoying your passion, or to pass away in a bed, a frail old man not even able to wipe your own azz. Well, I know what the choice would be for me.

Again, RIP Brother. You will be missed.
    I hear ya, Lou. That is what I told myself....at least he passed on doing something he loved, and right up until that split second that was the beginning to the end for his life here on earth, he was having a blast on his bike and totally happy. If you think about it, what better way is there to go?

This is hitting me quite hard as well. Marc and I have been from one extreme to the other with each other....get along great, argue like two old ladies. you know...kind of a love/hate relationship for years....although I like to think a lot less hate. Then we got to meet and spend some time with each other....and when we took off to Cherokee for the day with Paula and Arsenic, we started discussing his visit to Canada. He had never been here, and I told him my door was open to him when he was ready and able. It was definitely something that was going to happen. And now...well, it just isn't going to happen....and that saddens me. And since the news yesterday, I keep hearing him in my head. two things stand out....the first being when he narced on malloc at the dinner buffet (kinda funny and so wrong on many levels), and when we were talking in the truck to/back from Cherokee. It's his voice. You gotta admit....doesn't quite fit the physical image of him. or maybe it's just me that thinks that. this is not meant in a bad way....it's just that his voice seems sort of unique to me. he would suck in playing marco polo against me....I would pick him out in a heartbeat...lol.

Anyhoo....this just really sucks. This isn't the first time we lost someone, but it just isn't the same. This one strikes me the most. I have had a ton of virtual interaction with Marc....and just recently had a great time with him. Damn....I am still feeling quite a bit of pain in my knee from the rally....that is how "fresh" this is. To be honest, I am still in the "damn....I can't believe it. It has to be a dream", stage.

Leave a comment:

• etskatana
    replied
    well sorry to hear about it.... i didnt know the guy personally just on this site and well he was really good with every one from wath ive seen.... always there to help with info.... you will be missed....

Leave a comment:

• BlackKat17
    replied
    Truely devastating. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, Didn't know what he looked like or even his name. But this tragic news hit me like ton of bricks. I cannot imagine the feeling of loss by those closest to him. You have my deepest,sincerest condolences.

Leave a comment:

• KatanaO215
    replied
    Sad news indeed. RIP Cyberpoet.

Leave a comment:

• Junior
    replied
    Heard the news yesterday... just staggering.

RIP Marc.

Leave a comment:

• PepeBouchard
    replied
    RIP CP. I was amazed by how much he had lived in his life. What he shared with all of us is a legacy we can all try to liive up to.

Leave a comment:

• SEQX34
    replied

R.I.P

- The CyberPoet -

Leave a comment:

• macgyver
    replied
    After awaking this morning I was hoping that my experience seeing the bad news yesterday was just a dream. Unfortunetely it wasn't. I still cannot believe this happened. This website has lost a great friend, mentor and rider. He can never be replaced. We should all try to follow in his footsteps and try and be as patient as he was with people asking newb questions. He didn't tell them use the search button he would take time to answer their question no matter how many times he already did it. I hope that all his stickies and how to's are saved somewhere on a harddrive or something. It would be awful if something happened to this site and all his helpful posts were lost. Again, RIP Marc, May you find everlasting peace.

Leave a comment:

• whitecl0ver
    replied
    Wow I've been away for a minute and come back to this!!! **** man....this sucks....

Godspeed man!! I dont even know what else to say

Leave a comment:

• Batgirl
    replied
    Hubby just called to tell me the sad news. It's really hard to believe this is true. I've known Cyber (online) since WAY back in our Katanaplanet days and finally met him at the Gap. He will be missed by alot of people.

Very sad

Leave a comment:

• Dankid
    replied
    R.I.P CP. I have only been a member for a few months but was always blown away by how much knowledge and info CP had in each and every post he contributed. My condolences go out to all his family and friends.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X