CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero
    replied
    That's awesome! I'm sure Marc would be happy to know! Let us all know how we can help!

Leave a comment:

• siren451
    replied
    Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.

Leave a comment:

• newride
    replied
    wow,
    I can't believe it. I was away from KR for a while and it is sooo sad to hear he is gone. Interestingly enough I found an old email from him today which is what made me log on to KR just now. Marc was a class act. He will live on.
    RIP Cyberpoet

Leave a comment:

• SchOX
    replied
    Incredible shocked to read this tread - I've been away for a good while, and came back to this - CP will live on through the knowledge and advice he has given the community. One never "expect" the experienced riders to have accidents, but this is a grim reminder of how vulnerable/invisible we are without the protecting cage.

Leave a comment:

• KatanaBadass
    replied
    R.I.P. Thanks for the knowledge

Leave a comment:

• bikerscars
    replied
    have not visited for awhile and the first thread i hit tells me the tragic news
    very, very sad
    pegs down
    peace marc

Leave a comment:

• katana_j
    replied
    Wow,I've been away from the site awhile now as i have a diffirent style bike,But i've returned recently because i may be getting another katana,and i came across this thread,as a fellow florida rider,I'm sorry to hear of cyberpoet's passing,The sportbike world and motorcycleing in general has lost a true champion of the sport,May he rest in peace,And i send prayers for him and his family.

Leave a comment:

• David F C
    replied
    Rest in peace Cyber. Keep on ridding the clouds....

Leave a comment:

• waffenampt
    replied
    Rest in peace Cyber Poet. Your spirit shall live on through your knowledge on katriders.

Leave a comment:

• fourhoofsfarm
    replied
    ive actually read through some of his posts not even knowing that hes not with us anymore till i stumbled upon this thread. wow smart guy and very giving of his time. god had bigger pans for him i guess. hes in a better place right now cause this world is going to craps real quick on us. right now hes fixing and riding all the kats up there in the clouds. rip and thanks for your knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• ssmiller1968
    replied
    What a thred

You know I first looked at this thred when I joined and it had maybe 5 pages. I am glad that when i get on it now there is 57. I hope his girlfriend and his family keep everything he posted up. I feel like he is talking to me through his past post's. This dude rock's and is still helping us noobs out. Thanks dude. Know your wisdom still touches people. RIP dude

Leave a comment:

• Kila-Beave
    replied
    Holy smokes! I've been a member for quite a while now, just haven't logged in much lately since I've moved onto an F4i and got crazy busy this summer, hardly having time to ride. CP was undeniably one of the central pillars of the Kat community who gave and gave. A great and unimaginable loss indeed.

Marc was always very willing to help, patient, and a wealth of knowledge. There were multiple times my bacon was saved due to his patience and willingness to help. Especially the dreaded first valve adjustment! Without his cool advice in the many threads about the procedure, I would have never attempted it myself.

My (somewhat belated) thoughts and prayers go out to Marc and those he left behind. Godspeed, friend I sadly never met.

Leave a comment:

• BelvedereAndTonic
    replied
    omg.... I have been away from KR for many months, busy with other things, and I just came across this... I am so, so, so sad to read this. I purchased a few things from Marc, but more importantly, I read SO much of the wisdom he contributed here to KR... I feel completely blown away and empty, as if I've lost a good friend - even though I never had the chance to get to know him personally. He is definitely one of the most intelligent, caring, and informative people I've ever had the privelige of interacting with on ANY internet forum.

The only thing I can take comfort in is that KR is still alive and well. Cyber Poet was such a HUGE part of this family, but I'm glad all of you are still here. My heart goes out to all those who knew and loved him. RIP Marc.

I will definitely ride with my pegs down today for you...
    Last edited by BelvedereAndTonic; 12-02-2009, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• docbarlow
    replied
    One less brother in the wind, a sad event for all - CP your wit and input will be missed

Doc

Leave a comment:

• katanarider
    replied
    Cyberpoet, maybe your still reading some of these threads from the big internet in the sky? If so, just wanted to say you were one of the first persons to ever chat with me on this site before I bought my Katana so I feel some kind of connection with you. Anyway, keep a eye on us down here on Katriders or better yet chime my Gremlin Bell every now and then.
    Last edited by katanarider; 11-27-2009, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X