CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delkampg
    replied
    i was wondering about the quote in the banner, i just realized it came from a Quintin terrintino movie and was just curious why that one was picked?

Leave a comment:

• siren451
    replied
    f you can't attend, I totally understand about the distance. It was requested that we record the service and post it on KR or youtube. We will post the link to it after the service.

As for a charity... I can tell you Marc was not into giving to charities so much. He was more direct in helping people. He always helped his friends and me no matter how much. He often helped homeless people on the side of the road by giving them money or food. Once he gave a homeless guy that approached us in a parking lot 100 bucks. So, I would say if you really want to do something in Marc's name, then remember him the next time you see a vagabond on the street, or hiding in an alley, and make their day by slipping them a 100 or so. I don't have to tell you all on KR, Marc was all about helping his fellow man, even prefect strangers.

Finally, on a somewhat lighter note. In honor of Marc, I am designing a t-shirt on Cafepress.com that anyone can purchase. I will post a link to it soon.

Leave a comment:

• StevieB
    replied
    Something slightly wrong with this thread; only way I could respond was to click on "Quote..."

I MAY be able to attend, but only on that Sunday. Kinda a long-shot for me, to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• tzortn
    replied
    It has been awhile since a logged in. I never expect or want to see a thread like this, but here it is.

RIP Cyberpoet

Leave a comment:

• Rothman
    replied
    What a shame..... RIP friend. Thank you for everything, you will be missed.

Pegs down for you..

Leave a comment:

• Sundowner
    replied
    Paula, Saturday would be a better day for me as well. I may be Plus 1 that day as well

Leave a comment:

• VifferJim
    replied
    I'm too far away...

I would be willing to manage solicitations and donation for either flowers or a charity of Paula's choosing from "the men and women of Katriders.com." Probably better if it was someone in Florida and tell me somethings already in the works, I'm good. But, in any event I'm willing to handle it if it hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by VifferJim; 09-29-2009, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tokalosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Nero View Post
    I wish I could be there but distance probably precludes. Be sure to leave an address so we can forward flowers (or donations to a favorite charity, etc.).

Tok

Leave a comment:

• tdrcomm
    replied
    Originally posted by locco View Post
    ... in islamic ceremony imam asks 3 times to the crowd ''are u all witness that he is a good guy''
    from İstanbul to Florida i am witness that he is a good guy.

That'a a nice tribute.

Leave a comment:

• Nero
    replied
    I wish I could be there but distance probably precludes. Be sure to leave an address so we can forward flowers (or donations to a favorite charity, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• FloridaKat
    replied
    Originally posted by siren451 View Post
    Planning to have the memorial service on Friday, Oct 9th or Saturday Oct 10th. I want to make sure everyone who wants to attend can, so let me know it you prefer one day or the other. It will be held at Honeymoon Island State Park on the dog beach, one of his favorite places to go with me. More details will follow as they are figured out.

I will be checking back here to determine which day it better for everyone. Thanks
    -Paula
    Paula - Saturday later AM/early afternoon would work better for me, but I may be able to make Friday as well.

Thanks, Mark

Leave a comment:

• erok011
    replied
    Originally posted by siren451 View Post
    Planning to have the memorial service on Friday, Oct 9th or Saturday Oct 10th. I want to make sure everyone who wants to attend can, so let me know it you prefer one day or the other. It will be held at Honeymoon Island State Park on the dog beach, one of his favorite places to go with me. More details will follow as they are figured out.

I will be checking back here to determine which day it better for everyone. Thanks
    -Paula

I will be there regardless, If friday I can take the day off, if Saturday I have to be to the airport are by 6pm. Anything I can do to assist you would be my pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• locco
    replied
    ''inna lillah ve inna ileyhi raciun''

that means in arabic ''we have come from him and we will go back to him somehow''.i am sick of to use this phrase to friends.i am not living in us.so maybe i can never get a chance to know you guy.but that is not a barrier to be friends with someone.and care about them.Marc had a lot of patience with me asking him parts via PM and never said a bad word.you may think it asa trade.bu the only trade we made was around 40 dollars of smtg.he was kindly helping me with the parts.because it is hard to find and/or exp here.

at 24 th of may i have lost a close friend of mine at an bike accident.we used to know each other since we born.up to now i have lost 4 friends.thats why i know what pain is.i still see dreams that we are riding together.i hope Marc and all the friends are riding together at the heaven.
    in islamic ceremony imam asks 3 times to the crowd ''are u all witness that he is a good guy''
    from İstanbul to Florida i am witness that he is a good guy.

Rest In Peace Marc

Best Regards

Leave a comment:

• siren451
    replied

-Paula

Leave a comment:

• Konn750
    replied
    Cyberpoet will be missed. He was a great person and thanks to him I know more about motorcycles now then before. My condolence goes out to all his loved ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X