Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Chrome Project Revisted (Not 56K Friendly)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nealy212
    replied
    ouch that sux!!! well atleast it seems like a cheap fix.

Leave a comment:

• Astro4x4
    replied
    Jeebus Thom, didn't Mikey buy you a decent camera yet ?

Leave a comment:

• Psycho1
    replied
    Hopefully the pickup screen and oil filter did their jobs properly, if so should be much cheaper and less time consuming to fix, than an entire bottom end.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    OK here it is!!
    Clutch friction plates, most look like this

Clutch steel damage from bad friction pads

without having the actual pads on the frictions it was causing a ticking sound at the clutch cover, sorta like a valve tick. There were metal shavings in the cover and in basket. I will be pulling the oil pan to be sure nothing is in there.

Leave a comment:

• Psycho1
    replied
    sorry to hear the bad news, hope it turns out to be something simple and cheap to fix, like maybe a loose clutch spring bolt or something lol.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    bad news today, ticking noise coming from the clutch cover. could be one of three things probably. clutch plates aren't installed right, clutch basket needs replaced, or bottom end of the motor is shot.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    bike is running as of sunday afternoon! some minor tweeks and it will be ready for the road!

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Made more progress tonight and will be firing her up tomorrow, Saturday, March 20th, 2010!
    The progress made is basically not picture worthy. simple wire routing, vent, vacuum and fuel hose routing, final adjustment and fitment of tail section. I hope to possibly have pictures and/or video tomorrow after I get it fired up.
    Everything is coming together as planned and no major hills have to be climbed so far, our fingers are crossed!

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    Reveal date is up in the air with the weather and thom and I's work schedule as the weekend comes near we'll know more.

But heres something to look for down the road in this project

Hayabusa rear wheel

Beside and behind a Post98 wheel with a 160/60 tire

Leave a comment:

• MrBrant
    replied
    Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
    So sick, looks like if things go according to plan the project will be done by Sunday with pics of coarse
    Tease!

Leave a comment:

• nealy212
    replied
    that is just sick bro.. truly an insperation!!

Leave a comment:

• sporty_drew
    replied
    Wow, just wow

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    So sick, looks like if things go according to plan the project will be done by Sunday with pics of coarse

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
    for sure john, i plan on doing a thread in the online vendor rating forum for all the people who have helped this winter on the project, kinda started already but there is still a few more to do such as yourself and thazkat.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    for sure john, i plan on doing a thread in the online vendor rating forum for all the people who have helped this winter on the project, kinda started already but there is still a few more to do such as yourself and thazkat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X