Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever get hit with anything while out riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fulcrum
    I'm never riding in Florida. NEVER!!!!
    Kind of presumptious of you to assume it all happened in Florida... Only about half of it did...

Laughing
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Kind of presumptious of you to assume it all happened in Florida... Only about half of it did...
      Or Germany then. (Is that better?)
      fulcrum (aka David)
      Blue 2004 GSX750F
      Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
      If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Originally posted by SlipKid
        ...I've collided with cats, birds, wasps, bees, a whole planet of other bugs, rocks, cigarette buts, beer cans, tobacco spit (yeah, nice...), wood, tire debris, and who knows what else...
        I've been hit by lots of stuff, but some of the most common are cigarette butts, rocks, sand and salt from the roads--especially in the spring--and big-azz bugs.

Most memorable are the HUGE bee that died upon high-speed impact with my throat--leaving a ping-pong ball sized lump on me--a bird on the forehead (could only imagine the featherbomb that made behind me), and a HUGE stick that Slipkid kicked up on me at the Gap this summer!

That stick was probably 1" in diameter and two feet long. We were humming along on the cherohala after a rain and windstorm, and I didn't even see it until it was probably 10 feet in front of me. I had enough time to realize I was going to be hit, and then BANG! It got me.

Leathers saved me, but it got me from stomach to shoulder on the right side, leaving a pretty sore collarbone for a few days.

When I told him about it later, Slipkid didn't even know that he kicked it up. We were all following pretty closely, too.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Most memorable are ---- a HUGE stick that Slipkid kicked up on me at the Gap this summer!

When I told him about it later, Slipkid didn't even know that he kicked it up. We were all following pretty closely, too.
          Man, you can't expect me to watch what I'm doing while I'm riding, can you? Just be glad I didn't get "hit" with a case of the runs while you were riding behind me, haha... The most memorable part of that day for me (I think it was that day) was sitting under that river bridge for an hour while the storm blew over! Shoulda brought some beer and a wetsuit... :P
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Originally posted by fulcrum
            Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Or Germany then. (Is that better?)
            Laughing...

Actually, I've never been hit by anything while riding or driving in Germany other than weather (hail, rain, snow, sleet, sunshine)... A bird once in France (but that was in a car). The US roads are just dangerous by comparison... come to think of it, I can't say I can ever recall seeing a flat-bed truck (one without sides of some sort) on German roads, but I see them around here all the time.

Hmmm.
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
              Originally posted by md86
              I hit a concrete divider on the highway once , but it was stationary . No , never really hit anything like animals or frozen poultry . Just the occasional rock .
              you hit one while riding?? that must have sucked!!
              Yes , it did indeed suck . It was about a week after I bought the bike (which was about 2 years ago), too . Target fixated on a huge sand/gravel trap on a curved onramp , slid right through it into the divider at about 60-70 mph . I got a real cool dirt tatoo on my shoulder , though ! After that , I made the decision to try to learn how to be a btter rider . Still working on that ...
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The usual cigarette butts, rocks, bugs, etc. Then there's the bird that flew out of a tree and right into my helmet while I was doing 60....POOF. And the occasional bee that gets into the helmet or down the jacket.

Comment

I've hit tons of bugs ... including, ironically enough, the biggest damn dragonfly I've ever seen.

I had a near miss with a hawk. All I saw was a BIG AZZ brown/white wing through my shield. Matt was behind me and actually saw the thing. Scared the poop outta me!
                  -Kim

One by one, the yard gnomes steal my sanity ...

Comment

a few birds, a dog, a rabbit, and a very large beaver at about 70 on a curve.

Comment

Originally posted by DRGN
                      a few birds, a dog, a rabbit, and a very large beaver at about 70 on a curve.
                      i wouldn't mind hitting some beaver.

www.vwvortex.com
                      I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                      Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

I have had a bird hit me in the left hand & then slam in to my chest, scared me, no damage except for blood, a few feathers & some bruised fingers.
                        I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

... including, ironically enough, the biggest damn dragonfly I've ever seen
                          Well if you got that one, I must have gotten his brother. Freakiest thing I've ever seen, after it hit, the tail was left sticking straight out of my visor! I also hear you guys with the bee encounters. I was riding with my dad and a bee smacked my neck and I felt him fall... right down my tucked in shirt. Little bugger must have been dazed, b/c about 5 miles later I feel something start to crawl around and WHAM, stung me right in the back. My dad was panicing more than me though, he had no idea why I swerved onto the shoulder and was acting crazy the way I was.

Comment

The usual stuff (bugs and rocks) but I was once hit by a sakada(spelling is prob wrong) which is a like a june bug but on steriods (it is about the size of a small mouse and they hurt)
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Haggisman
                              The usual stuff (bugs and rocks) but I was once hit by a sakada(spelling is prob wrong) which is a like a june bug but on steriods (it is about the size of a small mouse and they hurt)
                              Dam that had to hurt, those are about the size of one of those hissing Cockaroaches!
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I once came over a hill/curve and there were about a gazillion barn swallows in the middle of the road eating the crap left on the road from a cattle crossing. I hit a few of them. I had a black and blue on my shoulder, got hit in the shin, and one took me in the helmet.
                                Then there is all the reg stuff....cig butts, stones, bugs..etc..etc.

The one thing I am glad didn't hit me, but almost did, was an aluminum ladder. I was following a pickup truck that had two aluminum ladder in it....one end down at the tailgate...other end up over the cab. I noticed one of them sort of raising and lowering...but figured it was just slack in the strap. Then it just lifted straight up...whole thing sort of did this big somersault/roll kinda move. It happened kinda fast, but it ended up landing in the road behind me and the car behind me ran into it. The pickup kept right on going so I pulled up beside it and got his attention until he stopped. Told him he lost a ladder and someone ran over it. Then I just kept going.
                                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X