Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever get hit with anything while out riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what was the blob Dennis?

Was it a fuzzy bunny wabbit, or maybe a napkin?

Was it a peice of engine? Or maybe a shoe?

Comon, gives us more details on the "Blob"
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      So what was the blob Dennis?

Was it a fuzzy bunny wabbit, or maybe a napkin?

Was it a peice of engine? Or maybe a shoe?

Comon, gives us more details on the "Blob"
      Gobble, gobble....brrrrrrrr

Comment

I beleive it was a
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Wow, a turkey is totally out of left field!

I've collided with cats, birds, wasps, bees, a whole planet of other bugs, rocks, cigarette buts, beer cans, tobacco spit (yeah, nice...), wood, tire debris, and who knows what else.

I still remember watching a wasp fly into Soulrider's helmet at this year's KP rally. We were blasting along through the Gap, and he slows way down and starts beating at his head! I thought he blew a turn and was mad at himself, haha... Not a pleasant experience, I'm sure!
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

So far, I've been hit by locusts, rocks/gravel/construction sand, semi-truck tire treads, a bat, a million love bugs, a few hundred stones, a dozen cigarettes, a cigar, styrofoam, a 5 gallon paint bucket half-filled with roofing nails and no lid, a sandstorm, various downed tree limbs, and a 4x4 beam of lumber.

I've barely missed tire & rim (both came off a vehicle's trailer), cinder blocks (still cartwheeling from the truck they came off of), sacks of concrete, a dozen large boxes (including a water heater box with water heater in it), tree trunk sections, more semi-truck tire treads, various animals (last Rally was an owl, two foxes, an opossum and a deer all in a two mile stretch of road between Tapaco and Fontana coming back the back way from the Wendy's), rabbits/hares, road runners, cacti, and god knows what all else.

The paint bucket scared the crap out of me (both tires left the ground as I went over it), but the love bugs hurt the worst (they're hyper-acidic due to eating citrus fruit and burn in the eye like no other bug I've ever hit). Most of the other stuff (like the 4x4 beam) hit the bike but not me.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Bees hitting you in the neck, the only semi vulnerable spot it seems, when ur out riding, and man when they hit it, OUCH, especially if they get you butt first and sting the snot outta ya!!!

Had that happen on the way to work last summer..man my neck swelled up like a balloon!! Thank goodness for bee sting kits at work!

Comment

A medium size dog, luckily for the both of us I was doing 25 mph and slowing to make a turn.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  So far, I've been hit by locusts, rocks/gravel/construction sand, semi-truck tire treads, a bat, a million love bugs, a few hundred stones, a dozen cigarettes, a cigar, styrofoam, a 5 gallon paint bucket half-filled with roofing nails and no lid, a sandstorm, various downed tree limbs, and a 4x4 beam of lumber.

I've barely missed tire & rim (both came off a vehicle's trailer), cinder blocks (still cartwheeling from the truck they came off of), sacks of concrete, a dozen large boxes (including a water heater box with water heater in it), tree trunk sections, more semi-truck tire treads, various animals (last Rally was an owl, two foxes, an opossum and a deer all in a two mile stretch of road between Tapaco and Fontana coming back the back way from the Wendy's), rabbits/hares, road runners, cacti, and god knows what all else.
                  I'm never riding in Florida. NEVER!!!!
                  fulcrum (aka David)
                  Blue 2004 GSX750F
                  Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                  If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

I got a bee in my shirt once. It got me 3 times before I squashed him.

Comment

I hit a concrete divider on the highway once , but it was stationary . No , never really hit anything like animals or frozen poultry . Just the occasional rock .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        I hit a concrete divider on the highway once , but it was stationary . No , never really hit anything like animals or frozen poultry . Just the occasional rock .
                        and red paint

Comment

Originally posted by Range

and red paint
                          Yeah , and red paint . But that wasn't moving either .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well nothing on the Kat but in high school I hit my best friend while landing a jump on my MX bike. Yeah the same best friend who later in life pulled me over for speeding on the Kat. Glad there was no hard feelings.

Comment

The usual bugs.

And a near miss with an 1989 Pontiac Parisienne and an Ottawa Police cruiser.

Friggin cops with no sirens.

I still think I would've made a damn sexy hood ornament tho.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                                you hit one while riding?? that must have sucked!!

Comment

Working...
                                X