X

In Memory of CyberPoet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Memory of CyberPoet

I know we have the thread with the news of his passing, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread of pictures and stories of Marc, so we can all come back and remember the good times, and not just the bad.

I'll start with some pics from my Gap trip a few years ago. Marc decided to share his little secret swimming spot with us. He even went swimming in his gear to cool down!!!!

Here he is showing his "Full Moon" so to speak from across the bridge...

Here are a couple random pics from the week. I wish I would have taken some pics from the BBQ.

Anyone else have pictures or a nice story to tell, go ahead and post it here.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

I never got to meet Marc in person but had bought a few things from him and like everyone else here had received advice from his extensive knowledge. One item I picked up was a pair of fieldsheer riding pants that ironically I wore for the first time the last time I rode.

Comment

Met Marc for the first time in 2007 at my first KR rally. He was generous and helpful. As a computer geek myself we had losts of interesting conversations.

Here a picture at Bald Falls.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Marc bought me a bandana headband at the 2009 rally because I was having problems keeping cool on hot rides. He also took the time to take Chris (formerly Arsenic) out for a day during the rally. He recently emailed me to discuss my medical issues because he'd seen some new research on the subject. Marc's heart was certainly in the right place.

May he rest in peace. He is absolutely a BIG loss to KR.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Marc embraced me at the rally and spent all of Monday right there. He taught me all about finding lines, among many other things. He understood my turtle spirit animal...what I really want to say is that I spent a lot of time around him for two days straight and it was like being with someone I'd known forever. He taught this teacher, using a great deal of patience and I enjoyed being the student.

We were stopped at a stoplight on our way to finding a footpump to replace MD86's when he noticed my blinker was on. He reached over and turned it off himself and just grinned at me. He was one of the nicest persons I've ever met. I was in total awe of him when I got to the rally, hoping maybe I'd get to speak with him while there. To my great surprise he befriended me immediately. That's the greatest gift he could have given to me...he was known for his generosity.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

To a magnanimous soul, you will be missed. Thank you for all the help, advice, parts, and friendship. I feel terrible for not visiting after your surgery. It won't be the same without you.I hope you find this Kat in heaven.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by erok011; 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM. Reason: picture upload
            May the road rise up to meet you.
            May the wind always be at your back.
            May the sun shine warm upon your face,
            and rains fall soft upon your fields.
            And until we meet again,
            May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
            RIP Marc

Comment

i must admit when i first met him we didn't get off to the best of terms which was completely my fault. He later pulled me aside and we had a conversation and I apologized and everything was forgotten. He was the Katana god as far as I was concerned. He knew every possible thing about them. Even after having his bike stolen and getting a different brand bike he stuck around to offer help on everything he could. He cared greatly for everyone he knew and was always quick to offer a helping hand. We had a great time when he showed us his secret swimming spot. We have lost a great friend but he will never be forgotten. May his memory, good deeds and spirit live on in each of us that he has touched in some sort of way whether you never met him in person and only read one of his how to's or if you were a close dear friend. My only regrets were not spending more time talking with him. May you rest in peace Marc. Gone but never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                We were stopped at a stoplight on our way to finding a footpump to replace MD86's when he noticed my blinker was on.
                I remember that day, Dan. It really was a great day indeed. well, not so great in the fact that it was next to impossible to find a pump in the middle of butt-f*ck nowhere, so Matt has my pump now..lol.

as for my fond memories of Marc...2 things stand out.

1- The day Paula, Marc, Arsenic and myself went to Cherokee and did the tourist thing. We went to the Indian museum. He payed the entry fee for all, and when I tried to give him my share, he would have nothing to do with it. He just said, "my treat, Mike". But that isn't what really stands out to me. It's his "quest for knowledge". while I was already through the place and ready to go, he wasn't even half way through. I think he read EVERYTHING in the joint, including the fine print of the displays saying "made in China". Now I know why ha can be compared to Google....his brain is like a sponge. He sucks in information like no ones business. I am sure if 5 years later I was to ask him a question about the Cherokee Indians, he could have cited off their whole history. He truly was a bright man.

2- funniest memory was one night here on the forum. we were discussing chicks. this was back before the "change" in KR where it was more "anything goes". I won't go into detail about what was posted, but man....let Marc loose on the subject and he will have you rolling with laughter. we must have went back and forth posting lewd pics and making all sorts of tasteless comments. we posted at least 4 or 5 pages of pure tasteless crap....just him and I in the wee hours of the night...not another soul around. Every once in a while he would shoot me a PM saying, "I have to delete this stuff, Mike". He was concerned about how he would be portrayed, and how it would effect his business. Totally understandable. But all I can say is that if you have never "cut loose" with the Cyberpoet when he was on a roll, then you missed something for sure. the majority on here likely never saw it, but Marc's sense of humor was next none when it comes to being "one of the guys".
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver View Post
                    i must admit when i first met him we didn't get off to the best of terms which was completely my fault. He later pulled me aside and we had a conversation and I apologized and everything was forgotten. He was the Katana god as far as I was concerned. He knew every possible thing about them. Even after having his bike stolen and getting a different brand bike he stuck around to offer help on everything he could. He cared greatly for everyone he knew and was always quick to offer a helping hand. We had a great time when he showed us his secret swimming spot. We have lost a great friend but he will never be forgotten. May his memory, good deeds and spirit live on in each of us that he has touched in some sort of way whether you never met him in person and only read one of his how to's or if you were a close dear friend. My only regrets were not spending more time talking with him. May you rest in peace Marc. Gone but never forgotten.

I forgot about those Pics Mac, I have them saved now though. Thanks!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Man, Mark aka Cyber Poet has also touched my life significantly with his contributions to this site, his posts, and his Katana insight.

I honestly have a hard time accessing this site remembering that he's not here. Part of me would like to see a moment of silence temporary shut down for a day in his memory. . . but then again, it would hardly be enough. Such a huge loss. . .
                      WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

I never met Marc in person but like most sought advice and bought merchandise from him. He was a great man and will be missed DEARLY. He was always about the person, not just the customer.
                        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

My short time here this great guy helped out with my troubles ...i always knew he was blinking on and off in the late hours , even after midnite ...it was like cp is on helping giving advice . And always great to learn from his posts - he was the gurue of this site ...its hard to grip he is gone ....

Comment

Here is a link to some of my photos of Marc from the Rallies if you have more and want me to post them on my site let me know.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

I remeber those pictures. I took the one with you three in it. YOu may not have gotten along with him all the time but he was still a good person. He will be missed by all.
                              Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
                              I forgot about those Pics Mac, I have them saved now though. Thanks!
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X