X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Make sure your sync is perfect before trying to tune based on bulk numbers.
    Yep - it will be.

Comment

• So far ive sat on the floor yelling "why have you forsaken me! " to the bike gofs. Stolill no luck trying to get it running.
      Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
      True story

Comment

• Originally posted by dorkduf7 View Post
        So far ive sat on the floor yelling "why have you forsaken me! " to the bike gofs. Stolill no luck trying to get it running.
        Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer...

Besides, I doubt any god would listen if you were yelling. I know I tend to ignore folks who yell.
        Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• Installed the O2 sensor and gauge ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

... then had a bit of fun playing with the carbs to try to dial in a decent tune. Camera hasn't arrived yet to streamline the process, but it's certainly better than it was. I'll get into it again another time. Test ride tmoro.

Comment

• Gotta love duck tape!
            1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
            1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
            Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

• I almost missed that your speedo was KM/H... I was seriously going to ask where you got a 260MPH speedo, and why it was even necessary...

Something there would have been seriously impressive, considering that my 750 post tops at ~145 on the GPS.
              Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• Originally posted by dorkduf7 View Post
                So far ive sat on the floor yelling "why have you forsaken me! " to the bike gofs. Stolill no luck trying to get it running.
                Pflugerville? I'm in San Antonio. If you need help I can drop by on my way to Killeen. I usually make the trip on the weekends.

But basic troubleshooting should get it running.

I rode my Kat today. It still has a little problem between 4500 and 5500 rpm but I'm pretty sure its the floats. 6000rpm and above is sweet. Its hard to believe anyone would talk smack about a Katana. 6000 rpm to redline feels pretty freaking good. Plenty of power and enough speed to kill you if you fall off.
                Last edited by ChandlerW; 10-03-2012, 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
                --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

• Didn't do anything to my Kat it is what I did with my baby. I bought her July 8/12 wrote my M1 test on July 9/12 passed the test, took her in for certification same day, been riding ever since. This past weekend took the MSF course and passed now graduated to M2 status woot woot lol. Today two things happened I put on 4500 km since I bought her and I also took my beautiful girlfriend for her first ride on a motorcycle and by the look on her face when we got back home it wont be her last she had the biggest smile that lasted about two hours. Sorry for the long story but I had to tell someone and who better than the KR family.
                  2002 750 Kat
                  2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                  1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                  2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
                    Gotta love duck tape!
                    Yep. Great stuff. And it worked perfectly for the trial runs. It takes me about 10 minutes to install the sensor and gauge, and the same to remove them.

I've got it running at 14.2:1 at idle. 1 7/8 turns out on the mixture screws was spot on 14.7:1 ... but I went back in to turn carbs 2 and 3 out to 2 turns - my theory being a slightly richer mix will help cool the hottest 2 cylinders???? Hence 14.2.

And at cruise at 80 - 110 kph or 3500 - 4800 RPM (which is where it spends 95% of its time) it's running around 14.0:1 +/- 0.4.

Under load, it digs down to 13:1 and lower depending on how much throttle.

But at about 1/8 throttle and 2500 rpm it leans out to 15:1 momentarily. It's not really noticeable as a flat spot, but I might play some more another time.

Test run in the hills and outback today was a huge success. The bike purrs along nicely, has heaps of torque in the used rev range, and the economy is outstanding - about 10% better than previously for that circuit.

Comment

• Rode her for 260 miles. Installed new rear brake pads. Finally broke the 32k mile mark. On to 33k

Comment

• Yesterday I installed new levers, they look SO much better than the stock ones. Today I wiped her down, cleaned the wheels and topped off the oil.

Comment

• Ride with a goldwing group today!
                          Not a bad day!
                          1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
                          1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
                          Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

• replaced my battery and started it, lol, now i have smoke coming from the right side of my bike.

Comment

• Finished painting

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
                              Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

• Wasn't today, but last saturday I cheated on her a little. Went to the biggest motorcycle exhibition in Europe to get an idea about my next bike. Made it up to her the next day though. :mrgreen:
                                Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Working...
                                X