• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad the bike is turning out well. Ride safe
    sigpic

Comment

• February Update:
      Ordered 2 Emgo OEM replacement Mirrors from Dennis Kirk, (20 Bucks apiece + Shipping) Will pop up pics with them installed when They come in (No more swapping Pieces from the 600 to the 750.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
        February Update:
        Ordered 2 Emgo OEM replacement Mirrors from Dennis Kirk, (20 Bucks apiece + Shipping) Will pop up pics with them installed when They come in (No more swapping Pieces from the 600 to the 750.)
        Shoulda called. The mirrors for that bike were already on the shelf here

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

• oops my bad- They came in a couple days ago - with work and school i havent had a real chance to pull out of the package until today.

They look identical to the Stock OEM's (even have the Rubber Boots). If memory serves Ronayers wanted like 40 bucks a pop for the mirrors- I opted to go with the dennisk Kirk route and spend 40 on both- only a mount a test ride will tell me if i really saved my money.
          Right now I got new Zero Gravity shield on its way as well - hoorrah!! the last missing Piece (not counting the center stand) will be here soon- and soon pics of both Kats side by side will be in the works (about time too).

Comment

• Last I heard (about 9 PM eastern), the $1200 special was broken down in south Tampa with a bad alternator/voltage-rectifier-pack, waiting to be lifted into a pick-up truck and medi-vac'd home... At least he still has the 600 to draw parts from

Rodimus, hope it's simple enough

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

• Ouch
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• For real ???
                Good luck some more...
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

• Yes, I remember the bike being med vac'd home...was there when it got picked up from South Tampa...definitely a night that I will not forget.
                  Believe me, some of the s**t that happened that night should've been on America's Funniest Home Videos...that was just a crazy night all around and needless to say, now the bike is down to the frame, engine and front forks...LOL!
                  SKG

Comment

• yes its true, The Kat died literally on me in Tampa about a month ago. after Calling peeps saying I would not be at a meeting (I was at the time, going to a Local club meeting to feel them out) the Kat died right over the gandy bridge. After the Benny Hill Operation of getting her home, I totally F'ed the bike up when i had to lay her down in the truck. I chose the worse of the two main fairings (the Left one) to be the sacrifical lamb. the general Bumps and such destroyed the left front turn signal and fairing. it also ate the headlight (it was missing two mounts already) when i broke another mount tab. The bike is home, in a ka-jillion pieces, to have the engine yanked out of it. Out came the advancer, which took up home in the 600. i robbed he rear brakes off her to fix the 600's temporarily. and the Chain and Sprockets. I am tired, ****ed off at myself alot, for not doing things correctly. Will this bike ever run again? Yeah it will. Not before i replace the wiring harness and Alternator.
                    next time when my instincts tell me to replace something- listen to them, they are normally right....

On a technical side, I believe i found the answer to CP's nagging question of why the engine sat wierdly an inch off center in the bike. When i did get the monster home, I took the exhaust off and threw the bike up on my MC jack. after getting the bike a foot and a half off the ground, I take a look around to see that the engine cradle is bent. (why the engine is coming out begin with) when its out i can wheel the bike around as a roller and get some other stuff done on her correctly.
                    on life support again.....

Sorry if i didn't post this eariler, crap in my life has taken itself to a new level and i've never been this ****ed off before at little things.

Comment

yes its true, The Kat died literally on me in Tampa about a month ago. after Calling peeps saying I would not be at a meeting (I was at the time, going to a Local club meeting to feel them out) the Kat died right over the gandy bridge. After the Benny Hill Operation of getting her home, I totally F'ed the bike up when i had to lay her down in the truck. I chose the worse of the two main fairings (the Left one) to be the sacrifical lamb. the general Bumps and such destroyed the left front turn signal and fairing. it also ate the headlight (it was missing two mounts already) when i broke another mount tab. The bike is home, in a ka-jillion pieces, to have the engine yanked out of it. Out came the advancer, which took up home in the 600. i robbed he rear brakes off her to fix the 600's temporarily. and the Chain and Sprockets. I am tired, ****ed off at myself alot, for not doing things correctly. Will this bike ever run again? Yeah it will. Not before i replace the wiring harness and Alternator.
                      next time when my instincts tell me to replace something- listen to them, they are normally right....

On a technical side, I believe i found the answer to CP's nagging question of why the engine sat wierdly an inch off center in the bike. When i did get the monster home, I took the exhaust off and threw the bike up on my MC jack. after getting the bike a foot and a half off the ground, I take a look around to see that the engine cradle is bent. (why the engine is coming out begin with) when its out i can wheel the bike around as a roller and get some other stuff done on her correctly.
                      on life support again.....

Sorry if i didn't post this eariler, crap in my life has taken itself to a new level and i've never been this ****ed off before at little things.
                      Well, some of us know what kind of crap/$hit has been going on in your life lately hon. Yes, this bike will definitely be getting fixed. Just might take a little longer than expected...
                      SKG

Comment

• Wow dude , wish I could help . We'd have that b1+ch back together in a weekend .

Comment

• update time again.....

The 12 DS is still dead as a door nail, but i did score a local shop to farm out some of the work (There are just some things i cant do)
                          Some of the Problems are i lack the tools or the arm strength to get the calipers open to change the brake pads. This local shop is gonna charge me 30 bucks a caliper (as long as i have the Pads) to do the swaps. Also after inquirng more, The shop will also handle the sheared off Headerbolt for anywhere between 50 and 100 bucks (depends on how siezed it is) I will call them on Monday to see if they can test this alternator....

Comment

• "Open the calipers to change brake bads" ? You got some wierd calipers on there ?

Comment

update time again.....

The 12 DS is still dead as a door nail, but i did score a local shop to farm out some of the work (There are just some things i cant do)
                              Some of the Problems are i lack the tools or the arm strength to get the calipers open to change the brake pads. This local shop is gonna charge me 30 bucks a caliper (as long as i have the Pads) to do the swaps. Also after inquirng more, The shop will also handle the sheared off Headerbolt for anywhere between 50 and 100 bucks (depends on how siezed it is) I will call them on Monday to see if they can test this alternator....

My friends VFR had a sheared bolt in the front fork near the axle. I bought a drill bit and a back-out bit and managed to pull it out with out messing up the threads. Found some new bolts to replace it and the other side to match at Autozone. All-in all it cost me about $10 to fix it. If ya need help with that, I'll take a look at it!
                              myspace
                              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Some of the Problems are i lack the tools or the arm strength to get the calipers open to change the brake pads.
                                My problem is always failing to get the rear caliper bolts (the ones that hold it to the brace, to drop it) out without tearing them up -- they're loctited and even with an impact driver, I tear them up. I always keep a pair of spares for those bolts on hand...

As for the strength to open the calipers -- did you open the bleeders? The fluid behind the pistons must be free to release their pressure to get the pistons to move backwards.

Meanwhile, you should replace the pistons & seals on the 750's calipers. The front is $42 for both sides (2 each pistons + seals kits for both rotors/calipers), and the rear is $30 or so (pistons + seals kit). That bike's calipers saw way too much beach sand/salt/crud.

Sorry about not calling you back last night... Been an awfully long night for me (haven't been to bed yet).

Cheers
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Last edited by The CyberPoet; 05-05-2009, 11:39 PM. Reason: clarity
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X