Comment

Sweet!
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

That sounds great. Let me know when you ready to take a ride!
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Awesome! Sounds like she's ready to go in general...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Great job Rodi... I knew you could do it...
            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

good deal bro good to hear
              Currently Riding:
              1995 Katana 600
              V&H Exhaust
              Jet Kit

SOLD
              2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
              1987 XV700 Bobber
              REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Nice!!!!
                sigpic
                1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

I remember well that first ride this spring after all the work over the winter. Almost a new skoot when she was all back together from being way tore down. I too had that stupid jaw splitting grin.

I look forward to this coming springs' ride, after the transplant is complete. Fresh new skoot once again. I cant wait.

The reward is surely worth the work. Ya done goodly Rod.
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Merry Christmas Kids,
                    The Holiday gave me a half day's rest from work (Had family at the house in the AM) The Afternoon opened up for me to deliver the final Christmas present of this year....
                    The valve adjustment needed for the 750. I tore her down in the matter of an hour, I pulled off the Rocker cover;which was covered as well in ten tons of grime, and started pulling bolts. I called CP to verify the numbers i needed to do this girl some justice. after scribbling the numbers down I decided to see where the kat was standing clearance wise before i start cranking...
                    Exhaust side average clearance .006 inches
                    Intake side Average Clearance > .004 inches

this girl was way outta tune to say the least. I do the vital work, before i started i took the rocker cover out of the garage, gave it a heavy dose of my De-greaser, took a scrub brush to the cover, and liberally hosed it out/off then hug it up to air dry.i double check my work and start to button her up. Looking around I notice that i am running out of day light. I install the new gaskets (both the Cover gasket and the Spark plug gaskets), I cleaned off the Install bolts re-installed the Cover, torqued everything down to spec. Reinstalled the Rear oil lines, put the Oil cooler (with new bracket rubber) back in place, Installed the Coils, and ran the Spark Plug Wires. I left the Carbs off for the night ( i was really in no mood to mess around with the Throttle cables) Cleaned my self up rolled the Bike back to its spot in the garage, and hopped on the 600 to hit up CP's house to catch up with friends and unwind (damn good dinner too-ya'll gotta have CP's cooking if ya havn't) watched a movie and headed home.
                    Hopefully the Carbs will go back on the Bike Sat morning and Give a Post Valve adjustment report on how this girl fires when properly tuned (still needs a carb sync)
                    Merry Christmas 1200 DS

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                      ...hopped on the 600 to hit up CP's house to catch up with friends and unwind (damn good dinner too-ya'll gotta have CP's cooking if ya havn't) watched a movie and headed home.
                      Glad to have had you over for XMas' Widows-and-Orphans dinner

Remind me you need to borrow the spare carb sync next time we meet up ($5 a week - cheap!).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

This has been an excellent read. Another bike brought back from years of abuse.
                        Keep us posted.

Comment

Rod, were you out riding this machine on Dec. 23? I passed a Kat on 62nd ave near Haines rd. I was in the middle of shift so I just gave a nod.
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                            Rod, were you out riding this machine on Dec. 23? I passed a Kat on 62nd ave near Haines rd. I was in the middle of shift so I just gave a nod.
                            That was me - but i was on the 600 that day...

Comment

I thought it might be. From what I remember it was red on top (i think it look sanded) with black belly pan. anywho... nice to see ya out ridin'!
                              myspace
                              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Took the kid out for its first post valve adjustment Test ride (normally test rides are 2-5 miles most- i did 40+ LOL) Bike handles smoothly, there are some really minor adjustments to make: Shifter and brake peg positioning, New throttle side Bar (might swipe if from the 600) Stock bar ends, and thats about it, She fires upon demend, warms up hella Quick (5 degree advancer is a godsend) Goose the throttle and she purrs (still a little rough- carb sync would probably address this) But damn Keeping her under 70 is gonna be chore. Right now she's sitting cooling off nose to nose with the 600. I think the 600 has fallen from my grace really, the 750 just anhilliates it.
                                So there a real world 600 vs 750 post 98 Review.

Comment

Working...
                                X