Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > At the Track

At the Track Some Katana's see track duty. Some owners have multiple bikes. This is the place to chat about track days.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
Katana600-4me
Squid

Default Wanna track a bike in PA

Hi!
I do own a katana 750, but not tracking that. But my question is I live in Pennsylvania and would like to road race a bike. Anyone from around here who can help me get started and tell me where some track days are? I live near Sunbury PA and I know about Pittsburg but are there any others in this state or the surrounding states. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Katana600-4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
92xjunker
Neo-maxoid-zoomed-bweebie
Supporting Member

eBay ID: guysmustang

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/sportb...iding-schools/
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
Katana600-4me
Squid

Thanks for the school info. Looks like imma have to save up for that one lol. Anyone in or near pa track day road course. Id like to go to an event and see whats what. At least try n figure it the logistics out then school it lol
Katana600-4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #4
ygolohcysp
Track Rider

eBay ID: theovergrowngnome

Where you're at, you may be closer to New Jersey Motorsports Park, or NJMP. Two full size tracks there, Thunderbolt and Lightning. There's also a kart track with 3 layouts inside Lightning where I race in a miniGP league. They have their own website, njminigp.com . They also do a meet once a year in the Pittsburg area to race with an Ohio league, but I've never made that trip, so I don't really know anything about that. If you're budget minded and only want to do full size track days in prep for racing, and only want to do a big bike, then don't count NJMP out as a great place to do track days. If you're wanting to get good at racing and don't mind buying a smaller bike to learn the skills and get better for bigger bikes, the miniGP can be a lot of fun, costs less in tires/fuel/track fees/repairs from crashing.
ygolohcysp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > At the Track