X

Carb adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb adjustment

So I ended up messing with the carb a bit and adjusting the air fuel mixture screw and now it’s got some problems. I turned all of them exactly 2.5 turns out but now it feels like it’s running too rich. When i’m in 4th or 5th gear and want to give it some beans, it bogs down a bit then starts climbing in rpms. Which way do you turn the screw to lean it out? Out or in? Also another question, and I hope I don’t get beat on for this, but I ended up using Rotella T6 - 5w40 one night to change the oil because I did an oil change and realized that it was a holiday so I couldn’t get the right oil needed. So when the motor wasn’t up to temp it started slipping in 2nd or 3rd gear and I don’t know if it’s because of the oil, or something larger at problem here.

Didn’t say it in the post but my model is a 2005 Katana 600

Comment

I sent you a DM that should help.

Comment

In

If the misture screw is after the slide - engine side - it's air/fuel and in is lean, out is rich.
        If the mixture screw is on the air box side, this is an air screw - in is rich and out is lean.

Look around ebay and you can find thumb screw no tool needed mixture screw.

Comment

Working...
        X