X

Looking for side bags for a 2006 GSX600F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for side bags for a 2006 GSX600F

So I finally got my 2006 Katana 600 running again after 6 years of storage (Got married and had kids) and I am itching to do some trips.

I am having a hard time finding side bags for luggage. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Katana's are not supported at all for luggage.
    The best you'll find is soft bags and tank bag, unless you can manufacture your own, or pay someone to do so.
    I did manage to find a top case mounting bracket through Amazon somewhere in Europe, but it got lost in transit. Another 2 months of searching online found me another one in Italy, their last in stock, and I purchased that. I really don't think you'll find another, but you can try.
    I'll Find some photos of what I have done. Maybe it'll give you some ideas.

Comment

This is my 2001 in the photos. I road this through the Canadian Winter last year, but switched the accessories over to my 2003 in the spring.
      I bought the cheapest Givi mounts I could get, cut off the mounting arms, bought the same heavy steel tubing from Hunter Steel, and fashioned/welded on my own.
      I've been using these for about a year now and they work great, are comfortable for passengers (my kids), and have lots of clearance.
      I wanted a lot of storage space because my plan was to use this as my main mode of transportation due to gas prices. I bought the largest cases I could get, a 58L top case and 2 48L side cases. The only issue I had, which was minor, was getting used to a 4ft wide bike when all three cases are in use. But I'm able to pickup a lot of groceries, and weight has never been an issue, even with multiple jugs of juice.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

I'll try those photos again...
        Attached Files

Comment

Again...
          This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Oh, i thought those little bars by the back tire was for a bag to mount on. What are they for? I have 1 on each side.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Those are for tying down. The little nipples are to loop a rope.

Comment

Working...
              X