• Under construction

My Kat:

77 GS 750 frame
    95 GSX 750 engine and wiring and exhaust
    02 GSXR 750 suspension

Runs but not ready for the road...

Resized_20240128_124727.jpg

Interesting, and good job so far!
    Did you have trouble fitting the engine to the frame?

Comment

Actually kinda. I had it pulled to the rear, using the original lower rear mounting points only to have issues with the exhaust.
      I then moved it forward, utilizing the original front upper mounting points and brackets. I then frabricated new rear upper and lower mounts.
      The Kat engine doesn't use a through bolt like the GS engine but amazingly it work out well.
      You can see the frabicated side bracket using the original GS mounting points. The left side lower bracket was welded in place but the original mounting point might have worked if I didn't move it for the GS1000 engine orignally in place here as shown in my avatar. The 1000 engine is in my other GS750.
      No issues with the chain alignment, carbs, clutch cable however nothing is OE for the GS here except for the frame. The throttle cable doesn't appear to have any issues as of yet - possibly too short but won't know until It's installed.

However, the Kat engine is A LOT easier to install than the GS1000 engine.

Comment

No pictures are missing... This just shows how poor this forum is actually managed... Whoever is managing this site, you're better than this !!!

Comment

Yes, this site seems very slow and glitchy.

Comment

Ram Air filters as installed on the Katana 750 in the GS750 frame...

Resized_20240203_175614.jpg

Comment

Another view. I slide these over the original velocity stacks.

Resized_20240203_175633.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X