No announcement yet.
X

turbo EFI katana 1260

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted "twister" today to see where I could weld a support bracket so all the weight wasn't hangin off the exhaust ports.

My best bet is the cross member right behind "twister". I may remove the round bar and replace with square stock. Or may decide not to do anything at all.

I think this would be my last frame mod before it would be ready for powder. I am not doing any "beauty" work though until the dryfit is done.

Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

Comment

• A buddy stopped by today from Toronto (other side of the country) and brough me a present. A quick parts exchange later and I had a nice billet stablizer which gives me much more room behind my head light.
      Of course I will have to grind off the old mount and weld on another one but it is worth it.

Here is where the rear res is going to live. I am making a tap off the batter box to affix it to.

I have a brembo off an r6 but my mounts are done and it would require more welding and changing my new stailess steel push rod so I am thinking that is out.

Comment

• Was a real nice day today so didn't get much done on the beast. Put on the levers and controls to check tangle with the stablizer and made up a new bracket for the mini reservoir.
        Don't worry, that is not my brake hose just the mock up hose. I will be using clear "TYGON 2075". Best on the planet.

Comment

• Here is a better shot of a good mounting area for Twister. Gunna run something from the cross member.

Comment

• You sir, are my hero

Comment

• Been a little busy but will be back at her with lots more pics shortly

Comment

• Ok, riding season is over for me. Plates are off the bike, final video cut and posted.
                Now I am thinking of camera mounts for the new project. I had some time sorting out good camera positions on the kat and had some camera issues (vibration and electromagnetic interference) so, I am sitting and pondering some invisible mount points on this beast. front and rear.

Comment

• Heat

You will bake your top end at that compression ratio. You have the right idea on boost but add a base spacer to get you to about 8:1 ratio. Keep your cam timing around 104degrees on both intake and exhaust sides.

Comment

• Well, it's been a long time but I am back at her. The turbo won't materialize this season due to budget contraints. Since I spent a fortune on normally asperated parts I decided not to risk them in a turbo engine this year. The Efi is a go though.
                    Today I mounted a waterproof USB port on the beast cuz I hate running out of power on a ride.

Behind the iphone is a rack of led's so I have some light under the seat if need be.

Comment

• There is always a snag....

As you can see in the pics, I can charge my extra iphone battery and power an led light for seeing in the dark, but, what I can't do.... YET!!, is charge the 3GS. This phone has a different charging parameter that Apple changed with this phone. Needs more than power/ground wires. Needs low voltage to the data wires of the usb as well or it will not accept the charge.

I have it figured out, just have to work out how to put it together.

Comment

• OOOhhhh baby!!

I love it when something actually works on only the 10th or 12th try.....

Comment

• wow loads of pure awesome on this bike
                          Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

• Surge tank is done. Didn't really need one but thought I would throw one in anyway. The kat tanks are big and roomy so low fuel situations could be sketty..
                            What a pain plumbing, looks pretty straight forward but it wasn't. Running AN6 all round being fed by pingel 5/16 valve with 80micron screen.
                            The pump is a Mallory 160 litres/hr low amp draw since kats don't have many amps.

Comment

• Very kool.
                              Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

• fabbed up a cooler mounting bracket out of 2" x 1" angle alum and mounted the front and rear signals. I removed the old rear signal mounts and moved the signals forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X