X

92 750 Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Left side is all done and paint is now drying. The bracket was made from some 3/8" plate I had laying around.

Comment

You suck... I have plans to do my rear set mod the exact same way this winter... Looking good though, gave me a decent idea for the bracket.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Lol, thanks I guess. What rearsets are you going with?

Comment

This build is really good. You get so much done in a short period of time... I'm struggling to get out of bed most times!
            Keep it up man, it's inspiring!

Comment

I see you have been hard at it! Looks awesome!
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Thanks. I think the Busa front end sent me into a customizing spiral. When the dust settles, I hope I'm happy with it. Thanks again for the help with that swap.

Got some more pictures from today. I'm still working on her but my belly clock decided it was break time. Both rearsets are now on. First picture is how I almost did the tail.

But then I either got incredably brave or seriously stupid and this happened.

So, I have to make everything from scratch. First thing is to address a tank mount. Took a piece of 1" tubing and some 1" solid bar to make this.

I designed it this way so I can still utalize the factory rubber tank mounts.

And thats where I am now. Before break I snapped two pictures of my 2 seats. First is with the cut down Kat seat and the second is an R6 seat. I have been staring at these 2 pictures for a wile now trying to decide which one I like more. I think I will wind up using my original seat. Seems to match the bikes curvy nature more. Plus it wont take nearly as much work to fit and its alot more comfortable than the R6 seat. Last thing I want is a seat that hurts the rear, thus making riding less enjoyable.

I wont fully decide till the morning. Right now I have to get the tank/seat mounting finished.

Comment

I'll be using ZX7 rearsets
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

IMO ....think the lines flow better with the original seat
                    Toys.........
                    1985 LT250 - modified
                    1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
                    2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
                    2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                      Thanks. I think the Busa front end sent me into a customizing spiral. When the dust settles, I hope I'm happy with it. Thanks again for the help with that swap.

Funny you say that, mine started as a rear shock swap and escalated and I am not done yet! Just not able to do anything to it right now.
                      You are very welcome but all I did was provide some information, you did all the work!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Managed to get some work done today. It's not much but its all I could muster with the flu. Anyways, here is a couple picts

I havent figured out just what I am going to do with the tail. I would like to bend those tubes to match the contours of the seat. However not having access to a bender for the next couple weeks is a limiting factor.

Comment

Got some more work done. Mostly a lot of welding but I did manage to make a battery box. Here is the basic structure

With the battery in

And roughly where it will be

Comment

Got a little more done today. Should have her rideable within the next couple days. Some minor welding needs done, a lil paint, and some wire-ing left to do. I still have not figured out how I will do the rear end ( behind the seat ) but the structure is done. The main holdup is going to be with the ignition switch. I can't seem to find a suitable place for this ginormous thing. Had the same problem last time I decided to move it.

Now for some pictures. The battery box is now in its final resting place.

Here is the pan I made for under the tail. You will see a few pictures down what those studs are for.

Here it is tacked into place

Another view. You can see in this picture that the battery box sticks out a little bit. I tried to hide the entire thing but there just wasn't enough room. I think it looks good though

You can see what those 2 studs are for now. They are the mounts for the Ignition Controler. Doing it this way makes the outside smooth instead of having bolt heads sticking out. You can also see just how little room there is

I had just enough room for the fuse box and starter relay. And even that was a squeeze. Instead of wasting time making seporate mounts, I just cut the mounts of the old battery box and plug welded them to the new one.

I will have to get a longer power wire from the relay to the starter.

Comment

Looking very good!

Originally posted by 92gsx750 View Post
                              got a little more done today. Should have her rideable within the next couple days. Some minor welding needs done, a lil paint, and some wire-ing left to do. I still have not figured out how i will do the rear end ( behind the seat ) but the structure is done. The main holdup is going to be with the ignition switch. I can't seem to find a suitable place for this ginormous thing. Had the same problem last time i decided to move it.

Now for some pictures. The battery box is now in its final resting place.

here is the pan i made for under the tail. You will see a few pictures down what those studs are for.

here it is tacked into place

another view. You can see in this picture that the battery box sticks out a little bit. I tried to hide the entire thing but there just wasn't enough room. I think it looks good though

you can see what those 2 studs are for now. They are the mounts for the ignition controler. Doing it this way makes the outside smooth instead of having bolt heads sticking out. You can also see just how little room there is

i had just enough room for the fuse box and starter relay. And even that was a squeeze. Instead of wasting time making seporate mounts, i just cut the mounts of the old battery box and plug welded them to the new one.

i will have to get a longer power wire from the relay to the starter.

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                                I see you have been hard at it! Looks awesome!
                                Last edited by the wind; 12-23-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X