X

92 750 Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89kat750cc View Post
    That thing is bad ***! Excited to see how it turns out, don't stop with the pictures!

Also, forgive me if this is a stupid thought but, with the widened swing arm I assume you are going to get a wider tire/wheel which would be awesome but isn't the rear sprocket going to be out of line with the front sprocket? how do you get around that?

The sprocket is basically in the same position on suzuki 3.5-5.5" wheels. If you measure how far the sprocket and chain is away from the wheel on the 3.5, you will find it's close to 2" gap. The 5.5 is closer to around .5" gap.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Finished the tripple and it is installed. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Before picture with 750 tripple

After picture from the same angle with 600 tripple

View from the front

I need to do some research to find out if the 600's used a smaller center bolt at the neck than the 750's. Mine doesn't want to run all the way in, made it half way and then it got tight.

Comment

Well, she runs. Was able to get her running last Thursday and it sounds real good. Definately be able to hear me comming. Ordered a Motion Pro syncronizing tool to dail in the carbs, just waiting on it to get here.

Things done recently:
        Wired and calibrated the Koso gauge
        Headlight wired up
        Finished the paint on the tank
        New chain on
        New rear tire
        Soupys lowering links installed
        Side mount swingarm tag bracket modified and installed
        Wiring for tag lights ran thru the swingarm
        Welded the cracks and holes in the belly pan and sanded it for paint

I need to:
        Tune carbs
        Paint belly pan
        Set the ride height
        Wrap the exhaust
        Get a post front rim, powdercoat it, and a new front tire

Picture of the rear

Picture of the final tank paint. Satin white, textured black, and a little red.

I have decided to keep the belly pan red and will powdercoat the front rim red also. I threw some red in the tank as it will be the point where all 3 colors come together. Rear rim is staying white, rear brake lever and both side brackets will get white powdercoat. The exhaust can will have a white body, black tip, and a red caution tag rivited on. Everything else is going to stay semi gloss black.

I should have everything done by the end of this weekend, except the front rim stuff. Still looking for a good 98-02 rim.

Comment

A word about your mysterious "Yellow Wire".

Simply, thats the plug for a "Flash to Pass" switch.
          Available only to the UK.

If you were to follow it back, you'd find it ( the Solid Yellow wire) was spliced into the Hi beam(as well as the Hi beam indicator light) of the "Hi-Lo" switch (wire color Yellow with Yelllow dots) on the left handle bar control.

Of course as we all know, the Flash to pass wasnt put on the North American Kat until 2006.
          Last edited by BobKat2002; 10-15-2011, 11:48 AM.
          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I can't wait to see the finished product! Great work!
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

looks great.... can't wait for more tank pics
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by BobKat2002 View Post

Ah, that makes since now. Knew it was part of the lighting circuit, but couldn't figure what it was for. I remember it being tied into the high beam circuit when I was working on sorting out the wires. Also found a brown wire that ties into the brake circuit in that same area. I guess that also has to do with something I dont have.

Carbs are synced
                Belly pan is painted
                Header is wrapped
                LED turn signals done
                I need to get some more wrap, only had enough to wrap the header. Also need to raise the rear some and drop the front. However, I decided to take her for a spin in the back yard. That went good so I hit the pavement breifly. Didnt want to be on the road much though till I get my tag. All in all I'm real happy with her, just need to get the carbs perfected.

Picture of the wrapped header

This picture was taken right before I rode her up the road ( just in case something happened ) Also, if you look close right beside to oil cooler, you can see my turn signals. Hardly noticable till they blink.

My baby girl wanted to play also. I think she likes my bike as much as I do

Looking at this last picture reminds me how much I dislike the mirrors. They dont look all that good and they keep moving/ loosening up. I would hate to see what happens with them as I go down the road with speed. I will leave them on till it's inspected, but they are comming off. Might just get some bar end mirrors.
                Last edited by 92GSX750; 10-15-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Looks damn good mate, enjoy it
                  '92 GSX750F 'fighter project
                  '83 XV1000 cafe racer project (almost done )

Comment

Thanks. Gonna get a tag tomorrow.
                    Just won a 98 Kat polished front rim on eBay. So I can cross that off the list. Now I just need to get it powdered and installed

Comment

Originally posted by BobKat2002 View Post

If you were to follow it back, you'd find it ( the Solid Yellow wire) was spliced into the Hi beam(as well as the Hi beam indicator light) of the "Hi-Lo" switch (wire color Yellow with Yelllow dots) on the left handle bar control.

Of course as we all know, the Flash to pass wasnt put on the North American Kat until 2006.
                      Um, this is wrong. I have it on my 2005....I'll get pics if you want.

Comment

What's the wire for then?

Or do you mean the flash to pass part?

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                          What's the wire for then?

Or do you mean the flash to pass part?
                          Flash to pass.

Also, with the age of your bike, that yellow wire could have once been brown, which would make it a running light connector. If you look in this thread in the picture of the wiring diagram, there is no open ended yellow wire for flash to pass on the Pre's.

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems
                          Last edited by 05RedKat600; 10-16-2011, 08:37 PM. Reason: Posted linkage

Comment

I took this from the Haynes manual.

This is for the 89-92 Wiring Diagram, and not the 93-96 Diagram, RedKat6 posted.
                            Pretty sure it reads, that the solid yellow wire runs to the "UK only", flash to pass switch.

Last edited by BobKat2002; 10-16-2011, 09:15 PM.
                            "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I stand corrected it looks like on that one. Still, my 2005 has one and it's not UK bike.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                                I stand corrected it looks like on that one. Still, my 2005 has one and it's not UK bike.

The last couple of years the kat was made had a flash to pass button. The 98-02 models did not. I think they transitioned in 03, but don't take that as fact...

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X