Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Chrome Project Revisted (Not 56K Friendly)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Damnit man!

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    decided to switch back to the aftermarket busa fender that got destroyed i found one already painted black for cheap. sweet!

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    all thats needed left to buy is a replacement tank (still waiting on the outcome of situation with the seller on the dented tank i received), front turn signals, a bunch of various gaskets and oem oil change kit. and figure out which tail light to use and buy. also need to get some gloss black spray paint for the wheels,forks and swinger. Then it will be a waiting period til tax returns to afford to get the seat recovered black and to get the tail,fender,hugger and headlight trim piece and possible replacement tank painted to match the mains and belly and pay thazkat for labor. still waiting on new decals from blazer that i ordered before rally so decals might need to be reordered as well. may seem like a long list but definitely shorter then the list at the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Definitely a solo bike now!

The pegs and mounts are for sale, contact mreedohio via pm!
    Last edited by ThAzKat; 12-19-2009, 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• nealy212
    replied
    looks good bro,, your really gonna need a fat tire on the back to pull that *** off lmao

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    tail mock up

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    no more starting over after this just adding on

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
    I wanna come see this thing, how far away are you from Dayton Thom? Ive gotta drop my welder off at Weiler for some repairs after the holidays, id love to come and check it out.

This bike is gonna look good, that is, until next season when you tear it down and start over again!
    I am at Indian Lake 43324. It is about a hour north!

Leave a comment:

• HemiKat
    replied
    I wanna come see this thing, how far away are you from Dayton Thom? Ive gotta drop my welder off at Weiler for some repairs after the holidays, id love to come and check it out.

This bike is gonna look good, that is, until next season when you tear it down and start over again!

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    Originally posted by sporty_drew View Post
    So shiny! lol

I was looking back in your worklog and found some pictures of you cutting down the post gauge bezel to get it to fit. Can you elaborate a little more on what had to be done? I'm thinking about different gauges this time around and searching hasn't got me much info.
    The hardest part is finding the center line to start with seeing is how the post gauge cluster isn't evenly shaped. you will have to trim some of the main fairing and a lot of the post gauge bezel. Take some heat to get it to form a bit. once both sides are trimmed the way you like and the fit looks good, put the windscreen on and make a template with cardboard of the arch. First rule of thumb is to trim a little, you can always take more off but can't put it back on after you have made the cut. If you have anymore questions I can answer through a PM.

Leave a comment:

• sporty_drew
    replied
    So shiny! lol

I was looking back in your worklog and found some pictures of you cutting down the post gauge bezel to get it to fit. Can you elaborate a little more on what had to be done? I'm thinking about different gauges this time around and searching hasn't got me much info.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    Some more pics

not sure whats going to happen with the tank, the one i had bought that matched those fairings came with a big azz dent and crack in the paint. we'll see if the seller makes good

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    when it is done I will clean all that off! That was right after assembly!

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    some pics of the switch housing installed

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    edromeo bought from him and i found those while checking out the seller. they will cover the entire lip of the rim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X