Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Chrome Project Revisted (Not 56K Friendly)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mreedohio
    replied
    it held up pretty good for carrying a motor j/k thats just a broken down box i had laying on the garage floor for the shipper to sit the motor on

Leave a comment:

• GytRDunKat
    replied
    That box didn't fair so well in the shipping process

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    Motor is finally here! came with a aftermarket engine cover i guess kinda a bonus going to clean it up this afternoon and get it ready to go up to Thaz's place tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    Motor will be here in about an hour from Vermont

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    I get to buy tools

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    I saw this for $50 brand new last night and couldn't pass it up

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    I received the carbs and looked them over yesterday, very clean!

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    Ordered a Factory Pro Standard Drop-in Jet Kit today...

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    After talking with a few people like Sin, Suzukiray and Arsenic, I ended up sticking with the 34mm carbs so i bought a set off a 93 kat 1100 that had only 2k miles on it.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    yeah i have the post98 white faces

the faces are yours for $20
    Last edited by mreedohio; 11-23-2009, 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• HemiKat
    replied
    Dont you have white faced guages? I dont need the whole guage but Ill buy the faces!

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    I have alot of things in the works right now. Going to finish changing the rest of the body. Last season we change the front, this season we will change the rear and go more chrome.

On the block for this year

New tail section

I will have to chop the fender on the tail and do a nice flush tag bracket with signals. I will also do a different tail light but i haven't decided on one yet. I will have to go to Iron Pony and see the tail lights in person to decide.

Chrome short stalk turn signals for the rear

Fresh set of painted Mains,Belly and Tank. I haven't decided on front turn signals yet.

I'm going to paint the front forks and swingarm black and possibly chrome wheels if not they will be painted black for now.

Switching to Post98 Chrome Switch Housings

Keeping the Hayabusa Racing style mirrors but instead black, I'm switching them to chrome

I will be doing the same gauge setup as Astro4X4

i'll have some other odds and ends for chrome but thats it as fas looks.

Performance, I will take out the 30k mile 1127 and put a 17k miles 1127 in and run either 36mm or 38mm carbs.
    Last edited by mreedohio; 12-08-2009, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    even though more then likely the motor isn't blown after finding that plug wire, i have the newer 1127 on its way.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    update: All my plastics(for the most part) including tank and my all my seats and solo cowl are for sale in the f/s section and they are on ebay. so if any of you pre98 guys want to do a dual headlight setup, now is your chance. I've sourced a fresh painted set of fairings so my bike will have fresh paint for next spring! Heres a How To on how to do the dual headlight setup so you can make the fairings work http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/14247763
    Last edited by mreedohio; 11-22-2009, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X