Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

why do harley riders hate people on rockets??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year I rode to the Laughlin River Run with two Harleys and a GSXR750! A Kat, a 750, and two Harleys in perfect harmony! It was beautiful!!
    sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma View Post
      I wave at anyone besides those d@@mned Vespa riders with the skull and crossbones flags on their bikes. They come around here flipping everyone off and calling people sissies. Sheesh, I'm a patient man, but enough is enough!

DO the old rocker trick- ride up beside them, stomp hard on the their floorboard, then nail the throttle. Be sure to look back for the show
      96 Katana 750; 05 SV650N; 81 CB900C

Comment

• today it was 80 degrees out so everyone and their mother was out. and every sport bike waved at me, 20 harleys past and none waved. i did have a wave and convo with a cop on a bike which was cool.

Comment

• hahaha knock them over then ride away giggling

Comment

• i was out today for a few hours and almost every rider i passed waved. here in the country most riders are friendly. the only exception are the different biker gangs most of them are way to cool to wave at anyone.

Comment

• 1percent

earlier in the thread (too lazy to go back and quote) somebody described a 1percenter as a rude biker whos usually in a gang.

NO. a 1 percenter is DEFINETELY a member of Hells Angels or Mongols that is very dangerous, violent, and has commited some type of criminal violent act in the past for his biker gang. It was coined in the 90s i think when the Angels were trying to rebuild their image into something more posotive and said that only 1% of bikers are dangerous and violent (the biker gang stereotype) and some bikers started wearing the 1% patch, i dont know how widely known that is but if anybody didnt know then its good to keep in mind next time u decide to show a harley rider with a 1% patch how much faster your bike is

Comment

• Harley plant in York is laying off about 300 or so employees... Whatever bad mood the HD riders around here had just got worse.
                "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

• Originally posted by gennabirman600 View Post
                  earlier in the thread (too lazy to go back and quote) somebody described a 1percenter as a rude biker whos usually in a gang.

NO. a 1 percenter is DEFINETELY a member of Hells Angels or Mongols that is very dangerous, violent, and has commited some type of criminal violent act in the past for his biker gang. It was coined in the 90s i think when the Angels were trying to rebuild their image into something more posotive and said that only 1% of bikers are dangerous and violent (the biker gang stereotype) and some bikers started wearing the 1% patch, i dont know how widely known that is but if anybody didnt know then its good to keep in mind next time u decide to show a harley rider with a 1% patch how much faster your bike is
                  The 1% tag was coined in the 50s by the AMA. After the Hollister Bash and all the bad publicity, the AMA came out to say that 99% of motorcyclists were good citizens and all the trouble was caused by the "1%" of bad apples. The real outlaw bikers, Hells Angels, Booze Fighters, Huns, etc, thought that this was pretty funny and adopted the 1% patch as a sign of pride. They have been known to unceremoniously remove this patch from people they feel do not deserve it.

I do not ever mess with a person wearing this patch, as the above poster says, this is very good advice.
                  96 Katana 750; 05 SV650N; 81 CB900C

Comment

• i went to my girlfriends house for a little gathering. we took the kat and started on our way. as soon as the driveway came into view i seen 3 harleys sitting there and immediately felt outta place. they pointed down the street as to tell me to leave, but i realized they were joking. so got off my bike and the biggest guy came up to me and said "did you take her up to 100 on the back of that thing" i said "of course not, i dont even have a license" (another story) well anyway as soon as that was outta the way a few were asking me about it, saying they liked it. on of them even told me he would rather have a rocket cause he likes speed. they seemed to like it more just because it was a kat. i felt uncomfortable til i left but they were pretty cool.

i think harleys dont wave back for a few reasons
                    1. ever since I was little i never really heard of any other bike besides harley. and there kinda known as top of the line (i wont get into if its true or not) but i think getting a harley to some people would be like getting a Ferrari to others. when they get it they become stuck up and "better "then everyone else
                    2. they view sportbikes as fast and immature, kinda like when you were in grade school it wasnt cool to hang out with anyone in a diffrent grade then you. ive also noticed the guys with the handlebars up to there forehead dont wave. probably cause they cant take there hands off them. i dont even bother waving to them.
                    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

• Some friends and I cruised with the POW/MIA group for a cruise dedicated to a guy allot of us "crotch rocket" riders went to school with (He didnt make it home from Iraq)-
                      Only a couple comments were made about us- one we overheard was by some chick- She was quickly put in her place by some of the hardcore riders about us all being out here on 2 wheels for a reason-

I Rode with a few of the real hardcore riders, I knew one of the guys from years ago. I raced him up to 140 and when we got back back to the meeting point I figured I was either in for a bunch of crap from the guys or they would be cool- I had guys walking up, shaking my hand, thanking me for coming out-
                      There are some guys that will still be douche bags, but more and more are becoming accepting-
                      2006 750 Kat
                      Shovel Delete, Clear Integrated Tail, Mesh Mod, D&D Slip On, LEDs-

Comment

• Another resurrected post!
                        I kinda like the 1% thing..... maybe I'll get a patch. And if someone tries to remove it from me......

Usually, the really bad *** bikers I see, they wave. It's the lawyers and financial analysts that get all dressed up in their biker gear and go ride on the holidays that don't wave.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• My best friends dad was a biker and used to ride with a gang back in the 60's and 70's. When we started riding, he told us to wave to any other bikes we see going down the road, and that it was just a way to let the rider know that even though most drivers in cars don't see them, we do and are looking out for each other. I always wave to any bikes I see, and usualy get waves back. Most of the people I pass that don't wave, seem to be the guys on GSXR's, R*'s, ZX*'s etc, riding around in full road race leathers acting like they think they're last name is Hayden or Miladin. I just figure most of them must be new riders and don't know about the courtesy wave, because they have never seen their favorite racer wave to the other racers when they're watching them on TV. lol
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            Another resurrected post!
                            I kinda like the 1% thing..... maybe I'll get a patch. And if someone tries to remove it from me......

Usually, the really bad *** bikers I see, they wave. It's the lawyers and financial analysts that get all dressed up in their biker gear and go ride on the holidays that don't wave.
                            Yeah better watch that wearing those 1%er patches and not bein 1%er. Wear that and your gonna get tryied by a real 1%er and your probably gonna get beat down. Also I agree completely with your 2nd part about lawyers and doctors and what not acting bad ***....that is true...i ride with 1%ers and I wouldn't go toe to toe with them, but they are good guys....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

• My wife doesn't like sport bikes or "crotch rockets" as she calls them and always gives the finger. I asked her why and she said they're gay. Thanks for the in depth commentary there hon.

I guess in her mind Harleys are just more manly since they're loud and don't idle and can't turn and vibrate the **** out of you. I guess that's all part of the charm of riding a hog too.

Sport bikes are just too refined for her, and I think the squid factor also plays into them being "gay"

Comment

• Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post

Sport bikes are just too refined for her,

HAH how does that work out, assuming u have a sport bike

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X