Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

why do harley riders hate people on rockets??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, there seems to a be a new wave (no pun intended) of sportbikers not waving at me, but Harely guys are waving now. I don't get it.
    The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

• my wife asked me....'why do you wave to other bikers?.....i dont wave to other car drivers..unless i know them and you will wave to a biker riding past who you dont know'

i said it was a comradery thing.....like being in a brotherhood

she didnt accept the answer.

Comment

• but I wouldn't mind riding a cruiser bike (like whiteclover's).
        aww thanks MAT!!! i feel all warm and fuzzy now!! lol

my girl is sexy no doubt about it lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

• i wave to everyone on any bike...even the geek on the moped...lol
          sigpicMy Kat Barks Like A Dog!boof boof.

Comment

• Originally posted by roccop View Post

i said it was a comradery thing.....like being in a brotherhood

she didnt accept the answer.

some females will never understand!

Comment

• no prob clover

I think this threads about done.
              myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

• not all hate people on rockets ,just some and they are ignorant people who think an american bike is the only thing u should be riding. and on the other hand most of them drive foreign cars in the winter BUMS
                BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

• The leather clad scooter rider on the red scooter...that wasn't a Vespa was it?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post

I think this threads about done.
                    same things over and over and over...

Comment

• Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                      I dont mainly because the only people out here that have em are 45+ year old DUI convicts.
                      I'm beginning to think that logic is specific to us Ed. I've said that before too and people just look at me funny. It never fails though, see a scooter WITHOUT tags, you'll be sure to see a 12 pack or something up front behind their legs. It never fails.
                      The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

• saw this on another forum...

Top Ten Reasons Not To Wave.

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
                        9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
                        8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
                        7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
                        6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
                        5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
                        4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
                        3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
                        2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
                        1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
                        9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
                        8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
                        7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
                        6. The espresso machine just finished.
                        5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
                        4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
                        3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
                        2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature, and satellite navigation system.
                        1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.

Top Ten Reasons Why Sportbikers Riders Don't Wave Back

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.
                        9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.
                        8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.
                        7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.
                        6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.
                        5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
                        4. Their skin tight-kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.
                        3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.
                        2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
                        1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.
                        9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."
                        8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgement.
                        7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
                        6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, and talking on the cell phone.
                        5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!
                        4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.
                        3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
                        2. You haven't been properly introduced.
                        1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.

note: Gerbings are heated gloves, wired to the bike
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

• thats great

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                            note: Gerbings are heated gloves, wired to the bike
                            Damn right they are...my Gerbings jacket liner, pants and gloves are the best money I ever spent on cold weather gear...

Comment

• No matter who ya are and what you're riding ...whether it be a harley, a moped, a rice burner, or a scooter...nobody hates a chick on a bike...neener neener

Comment

• I have noticed that some people just don't wave. Personally, I think it is cool to wave and so, I recommend we all look for those motorcycles and do the right thing--wave.
                                What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X