Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

why do harley riders hate people on rockets??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't come across any yet. Usually they are old bucks (about 80) and can't see anymore than 3' in front of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herekittykitty View Post
      Here is the real question. Who waves at scooters?
      I dont mainly because the only people out here that have em are 45+ year old DUI convicts.

Comment

• I wave at anyone besides those d@@mned Vespa riders with the skull and crossbones flags on their bikes. They come around here flipping everyone off and calling people sissies. Sheesh, I'm a patient man, but enough is enough!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• With a Harley your paying for the name,theres no way all that scrap metal is worth more than 10 g's

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabob View Post
            With a Harley your paying for the name,theres no way all that scrap metal is worth more than 10 g's
            Yes you are. And thats why accessories for HD stands for Hundreds Dollars. I ride with Harley guys and we do custom fab and paint on them as well. I'd get one but not for a daily driver. Even one of the guys I ride with said get something reliable.
            Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
            www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

• I have several friends whom own harleys and are proud of their bike like you and I are of our sporty's.

They wave to other riders be it sport, tourers, classics whatever.

Why.....??????...because they appreciate the sport, art, hobby of motorcycling.

Most of the wankers on bikes who dont wave are mostly harley riders.

We come up with an idea that they try to conform to the hard biker, tough as nails image that harleys have portrayed over the years and the fact that they are just overnight posers trying to impress people. I wave to anyone but to admit one thing...i wont wave to harley riders on main roads as i have given up with the waves as they dont wave back.

Comment

• I always wave and then they dont I find myself mumbling bad words for a mile or two lol

Comment

• They are different types of bikes...

My buddy had a V-rod for several years...and he also owned a Ninja 250 (his "wife's" bike who never "got around" to trying to ride) and a NICE ZX11....all at the same time. So some evenings, because I was bikeless at the time, he'd call me and we'd go riding. I liked the V-Rod....but it's not exactly what I'd call "nimble" but I wouldn't call any cruiser exactly nimble, that's not the point of those bikes.

And 1 percenters or not, most true 1 percenters could care less whether you ride or not. It's all business to them. You are either with them, against them, or you don't exist.

It's always the idiots who make a stink anyway...there's a local Harley group near my place...they ride a circuit, and park at a local gas station every other night during nice weather. Most are 50+ and that's fine. I remember riding up on the Kat one night to grab a pack of smokes, coming back from a 200-300 mile cruise....one of the younger guys made a smart azz comment, and one of the older farts said "I bet he puts more miles on that bike in a month than you do all year...." and several others started laughing..

Sportbike riders can be just as bad..."Can'o'Tuna" etc etc......I even had one guy on a stretched Buuusssaaa (the only reason I'm not riding a Busa RIGHT NOW, is because of how stupid the VAST majority of Buda riders are around here...+ I haven't seen a used Busa that wasn't stretched / polished / chromed etc in forever) tell me that my bike wasn't a Katana?????????? And when I informed him that technically the Busa was the evolved Katana 1100 , he told me the Busa was the "drag racing" option for the Gsxr LOL..........

There are idiots everywhere........doesn't matter what they ride.

Comment

• There's this guy around here, usually all in leather, who rides a red scooter (dunno brand). He's got a milk crate bungied to the back, and usually buzzes all over the place, including sidewalks at times. Everytime I see him, he waves at me, or gives me a thumbs up, if he's parked somewhere. Now, I feel waaaaaay to embarrassed to wave back at this idiot. I think he's a disgruntled Harley wannabe rider. ... Just thought I'd share that :P
                    2005 Katana 600

Comment

• Well, I think we all just need to wave first. If the other person doesn't wave back, oh well.

I had my first ride yesterday, and there were about 90% that waved. I had a couple of sport bikes that didn't(may not have seen me) and 1 cruiser(I don't know what kind). I didn't care. I'm sure there are going to be days that I don't notice the other guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brosh187 View Post
                        There's this guy around here, ... rides a red scooter .... Everytime I see him, he waves at me, ... I feel waaaaaay to embarrassed to wave back at this idiot.

Anyone who takes the time to wave at me, i'll wave back to.

Comment

• Real harley riders wave back. (Never pull first wave) they are motorcycle riders and just appreciate bikes. The posers, professional people that wear leather and bandanna's on the weekend typically do not wave. I watch these idiots in my small town (Port Perry Ontario). They come here every weekend, park their bikes on main street and then take 25 minutes getting ready to leave. The whole time they are getting ready they have their bike running to attract even more attention. I bet they also wear temporary tattoos as well!!!!
                          Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
                          http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

• some people are just asshats.
                            2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                            '94 Katana 600

Comment

• Ok, so with this thread in mind, on my way home from work today I purposely waved at everything on 2 wheels just to see my results. I passed many bikes, and not a single sportbike rider waved back.....about 90% of the cruiser bikes/Harley's waved back....and I even waved to the scooter weirdo today, and he gave me a thumbs up. So my conclusion to this exercise is that people are people and will do what they want.....the bikes don't always dictate their personalities.
                              2005 Katana 600

Comment

• Yeah, it's hit and miss, different every day. I tend to not wave unless I see them wave first.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                                X