got my RF tonight. i will take pics tomorrow lol
      Looking forward to them!
      1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 98katanaarmyman View Post
        got my RF tonight. i will take pics tomorrow lol
        Looking forward to the pics.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

here is my dads 92 KAT 750
          Last edited by 98katanaarmyman; 09-06-2009, 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice looking rf!
            also, its cool to see a non-black pre kat!

Comment

Nice......very nice!!!!!
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Those taillights are...interesting...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Those taillights are...interesting...
                  They are an acquired taste but they throw a huge red inferno into the eyes of the cage driver behind you when you hit the brakes which is a bonus for safety.

It looks good, bet that Yosh R&D can sounds fantastic.
                  1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by exc911ence View Post
                    They are an acquired taste but they throw a huge red inferno into the eyes of the cage driver behind you when you hit the brakes which is a bonus for safety.

It looks good, bet that Yosh R&D can sounds fantastic.
                    yeah the yoshi can sounds badass but my dads vance and hines is way louder and sounds meaner lol

Comment

the RF is almost ready for the road and the kid i traded the 98 KATANA 600 to for the RF900 already burnt the katanas motor out. he took it home and brought it back the next day and it was making a loud clunking noise which i could tell right away was a rod bearing. so hes screwed and the RF900 will be on the road next week or as soon as the peg assembly comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by 98katanaarmyman View Post
                        the RF is almost ready for the road and the kid i traded the 98 KATANA 600 to for the RF900 already burnt the katanas motor out. he took it home and brought it back the next day and it was making a loud clunking noise which i could tell right away was a rod bearing. so hes screwed and the RF900 will be on the road next week or as soon as the peg assembly comes in.
                        He threw a rod bearing in a single day? Hmmmm...
                        Unless he was wheelie'ing the puppy, or dropped it (causing an oil leak) and then rode it anyway, I can't see how it'd go bad in a single day -- unless there's more to the story than you're letting on.

=-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

no theres nothing more. i had rode it 80 miles the day before and she ran fine. even in traffic and everything she didnt overheat and i had it inspected 2 days before that and the guy said it was in top running shape just could have used an oil change. also when he came bake the wire from the underglow wad ripped out and the connector bent and i had it glued in with plastic epoxy and i rode it for 460 miles and never had a problem and never ripped the underglow wire out so i dont know what he did.

Comment

I run this one as a day to day hack/rat it had been stood for a long time but only needed a carb clean, service & battery to get it up running & mot'd

It lives outside in all weather, get loaded up with all sorts of rubbish, spare engines, camping kit or the weekly shopping & has never missed a beat, over 6000 hard miles in under 4 months

As mentioned above a very underated bike & even old hacks like this one will still top 160mph, the only fault i can find is the handling which is a little strange it feels like its pushing the front untill speeds rise & then it all makes sense, ive owned an Rf before (pretty one when they were new) & that one did the same so does my mates

Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Tone, that is the most interesting paint job on an RF I've ever seen! Me likes...
                              Have you thought about adding any RAF decals?

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                                Tone, that is the most interesting paint job on an RF I've ever seen! Me likes...
                                Have you thought about adding any RAF decals?

Cheers
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Glad you like it mate
                                I had thought of adding military stickers but that costs money so is out of the question lol
                                Painted this way because i had the paint & the stock panels are very battered split & cable tied together + purple & white really are not my favorite colours

cheers tone
                                Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                                X