X

94 suzuki RF900 opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 suzuki RF900 opinions?

ok i have the chance to trade my 98 katana 600 for my buddys 94 RF900. im thinking about doing it because i like the fact that its radiator cooled instead of oil. any one have any opinions on if i should do it or not??

If it's right (mechanically, visually, and title-wise), do it. That'll be a bunch more power and a lot better handling ...... yeah, do it
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

That's a pretty old bike, you sure you wanna trade?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

it runs and drives fine no problems and he has the title. it just needs paint like my kat.

Comment

According to the poster, THIS ONE ran fine too.

Seriously, bear in mind the age, and the things which are likely to fail. If you really like the RF better, then go for it.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

i like the look, the power, and the feel. it is a good friends bike who has had it for almost 5 years and has done a **** load of work on it to make it the way it is.

Comment

i would do it and then mod it

Comment

Originally posted by 98katanaarmyman View Post
                i like the look, the power, and the feel. it is a good friends bike who has had it for almost 5 years and has done a **** load of work on it to make it the way it is.
                So why does he want out?
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

because he likes the look of my bike more and after having a kid and being engaged he doesnt want a bike with as much balls as the RF900.

Comment

then trade his bike for a pocket bike if he cant handle it

Comment

I'd do it but then I'm a big fan of the RF. The 900 would be way faster than your Kat if that's what you're looking for. A friend of mine has a 94 RF900R and it's got bags more low end than my RF600R. Handling is decent for a 450lb+ bike and the riding position is quite comfortable for touring. It's more aggressive than the Katanas but it's no Gixxer.

Here's a quick pic of our RF's together (just because everyone loves pics!):

I think one of the best parts of RF ownership is you don't see yourself coming and going at every intersection. They're pretty rare bikes with a unique look.
                      1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

I'd also think about it being older, but if thats what ya want, I'd say: Go 4 it ! It is only 4 yrs older.

Comment

well the speed is a plus but i mainly want it because i like the look an the feel of it.

Comment

RF's are purty . I hear there's often an issue with the alternator o-ring or something , though .....
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Link: http://www.rfownersclub.co.uk/

It's a UK based forum but the bikes are the same and there's lots of expertise and information on the board.
                              1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X