No announcement yet.
X

94 suzuki RF900 opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the rf 900 puts somthing like 120hp to the rear wheel,four years difference,and killer lookes in my opinion. do it!

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      RF's are purty . I hear there's often an issue with the alternator o-ring or something , though .....
      it's the same problem the 93-98 gsxr1100 has. they use the same alternator, too. it's actually the alternator drive damper. the rubber part of the damper goes bad and won't let the alternator charge.

diy replacement is like 50-75 in parts. i just did mine

Comment

I want a RF9.... will have one someday....

Don't plan on selling my Kat though.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
          i think the rf 900 puts somthing like 120hp to the rear wheel,four years difference,and killer lookes in my opinion. do it!
          I believe you're right, Suzuki rated them at 135hp at the crank.

Here are a few links to magazine articles from when they were new:

Click on "All Sizes" above the scans to see them full-size.

Last edited by exc911ence; 08-29-2009, 12:37 PM.
          1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

thanks all. yeah im looking for something i can cruise around town with and not worry about it overheating and i think the radiator cooled RF9R will do me just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 98katanaarmyman View Post
              thanks all. yeah im looking for something i can cruise around town with and not worry about it overheating and i think the radiator cooled RF9R will do me just fine.
              ..... big ups on that one .... that is the only thing a don't like about my Kat1100. When it's hot outside, slow/stopped traffic is not the place for my BigKat. The good thing about it is once traffic starts moving again or I can get on the freeway, she cools down a little. That's in Georgia summer heat. The only other thing I can think of is it has a 5sp tranny, as does my BigKat. I knew a guy that says he put a mid 90s Gixxer 750 6sp tranny in his RF900.
              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

They are nice bikes, and under-rated... but good luck finding parts.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                  ..... big ups on that one .... that is the only thing a don't like about my Kat1100. When it's hot outside, slow/stopped traffic is not the place for my BigKat. The good thing about it is once traffic starts moving again or I can get on the freeway, she cools down a little. That's in Georgia summer heat. The only other thing I can think of is it has a 5sp tranny, as does my BigKat. I knew a guy that says he put a mid 90s Gixxer 750 6sp tranny in his RF900.
                  yeah thats true from what i hear. im on an RF forum and they all say that the motor parts including the cam and the full 6 spd tranny will fit in the RF900 out of the gsxr750 and the gsxr1100 but they have to be the older ones

Comment

yeah thats true from what i hear. im on an RF forum and they all say that the motor parts including the cam and the full 6 spd tranny will fit in the RF900 out of the gsxr750 and the gsxr1100 but they have to be the older ones
                    .... Hmmmmmm .... see, now I'm wondering if that application will work on a BigKat. That would be sweet .....
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

.... Hmmmmmm .... see, now I'm wondering if that application will work on a BigKat. That would be sweet .....
                      now that would be pretty sweet. research it lol

Comment

well im hopefully going to get the RF900 today so ill post pics asap.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                          They are nice bikes, and under-rated... but good luck finding parts.
                          +1

I love the look of the RF-series, but the parts supply has dwindled down to the point that many critical parts are no longer available new through Suzuki, and because of the age and when they stopped the series, they're under zero obligation to make/obtain more (meaning out of stock = obsoleted from the parts system).
                          I've walked away from more than one of them for this reason...

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                          According to the poster, THIS ONE ran fine too.

EPIC FAIL!

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Last edited by The CyberPoet; 09-05-2009, 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Eh, I have seen it done before, but it's no picnic. I can't remember where I saw a write up of it though...... converting one of the big 5spds to run 6 gears. Maybe oldskoolsuzuki? You know what, why don't you send a PM to suzukiray or tone..... I'm sure one of them knows.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

thats what ebay is for =]]

Comment

thats what ebay is for =]]
                                x2, eBay is ripe with RF parts.

Another idea is buying a cheap parts bike to keep around as a donor. I picked up a 94 RF900R that was fine except for a worn-out clutch for $500 last month.
                                1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X