• Show
Clear All

Hayabusa would be my choice.
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

Triumph Tiger used would be a good one also along with a Sprint ST
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

FWIW:

FZ1
        Bandit 1200
        VFR
        Sprint ST
        SV1000
        Honda 919
        Busa (5-6 grand could get you a nice '03 - '05 one)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
          Busa (5-6 grand could get you a nice '03 - '05 one)
          Or maybe a nice low mileage '99.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
            Or maybe a nice low mileage '99.

I know where you can one real cheap.
            Upgraded speedo, too!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post

I know where you can one real cheap.
              Upgraded speedo, too!

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                But he mentioned wanting fuel injection, which would rule out I believe all but the last couple years of the Blackbird, all the Katanas and I believe Bandits, the 80's and 90's FZ's. Kawi's first bike with efi wasl the 2000 ZX12R.
                I missed the EFI part and may disclaimer was that was where my taste is. His request was pretty non-specific. To me, I can live without the F/I, the beginning of power is liquid cooled.

Tgbot, I like the FZ-1 or VFR800. This FZ-1 is pretty sweet too ....

The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                  To me, I can live without the F/I, the beginning of power is liquid cooled.
                  Put em together and BAM! Awesome bike status achieved, well...the 650F maybe not...

F/I and liquid cooling are a phenomenal pair, of course until something goes wrong, then it's a PITA.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                    Triumph Tiger used would be a good one also along with a Sprint ST
                    Same motor. Similar options... almost the same wiring harness... slightly different ride.

Come on now, I saw a couple 06s last year when I was looking, which were just a little over that range. 06 seemed to have been a high production volume year with low sales for the Sprint, as there were a number of new 06s that hit the showroom floors in the middle of 07.

And VFR, I see the 6th gen bikes all over the place for sale.
                    You must live in an awesome part of the country then. I would have probably bought a VFR last year if I could have found one.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      You must live in an awesome part of the country then. I would have probably bought a VFR last year if I could have found one.
                      That's what I'm saying. I've never seen one in person nor heard of one anywhere near me. Never seen one on craigslist here either. I think the Northeast US gets a lot more bikes that we dont see out here becuase of the population difference.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        That's what I'm saying. I've never seen one in person nor heard of one anywhere near me. Never seen one on craigslist here either. I think the Northeast US gets a lot more bikes that we dont see out here becuase of the population difference.
                        Honda Dealers couldn't even get them new here last year. Apparently Honda has some crazy scheme were dealers get the right to more bikes when they sell out of the current stock. Cali dealers get them right off the boat, and move them quickly... while east coast dealers are waiting for trucks to arrive.
                        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                          Put em together and BAM! Awesome bike status achieved, well...the 650F maybe not...
                          easy there...

I'd either go with a busa or a blackbird
                          sigpic
                          2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

As to the VFRs, there were two 6g within 10 miles of work for sale and another two for sale within 50 miles. I ended up passing on them primarily because they just didn't excite me like the buell did. Last time I was in the local Honda shop, there were two on the floor. But I do see why they don't allocate many for this coast, the shop in manassas was still sitting on a new 07 last time I was in there.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                              easy there...

I'd either go with a busa or a blackbird
                              ..... Great minds, dude .... great minds
                              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

As to the VFRs, there were two 6g within 10 miles of work for sale and another two for sale within 50 miles. I ended up passing on them primarily because they just didn't excite me like the buell did. Last time I was in the local Honda shop, there were two on the floor. But I do see why they don't allocate many for this coast, the shop in manassas was still sitting on a new 07 last time I was in there.
                                Was that 07 an anniversary bike they marked up $3K?
                                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X