X

Upgrade from a Katana to a _______?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm,
    Busa,ZX14,what about the ZZR1200? that was a nice bike too!
    WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
    We Will Always remember!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Was that 07 an anniversary bike they marked up $3K?
      It's the anniversary paint, but I didn't ask the price.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
        easy there...

I'd either go with a busa or a blackbird
        I have been OBSESSED with Blackbrids since last summer . It's totally irrational , but I WILL have one one day . A 2000 for me , please . 2nd year of fuel injection (issues from first year sorted) , and before they went to the digital dash .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That's what I'm gettin when I hit the lottery. That's about when I'll be able to afford to upgrade the Kat anyway...
          94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

lol That turbine bike would be nice to have, although I don't know how often it would be ridden.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

+1 for the Hayabusa

That was going to be my next bike til I did a little bit of research,... started making some minor mods,... and fell in love with my 750 Kat all over again.
              ROCP

Comment

Tear me up on this one, but I'd say the Ninja zx600E...though many may say that's no upgrade. I sold my 06 Kat 750 last year...wanted another crotch rocket later...got the Ninja (2000 model)...found it would blow my 750 away and it has pipes on both sides...something I couldn't resist. I have thought Hayabusa too, but will save that for later. I mean once you have a Hayabusa, what else would you look forward to?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

My heart belongs to a Triumph.

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                    Tear me up on this one, but I'd say the Ninja zx600E...though many may say that's no upgrade.
                    Many people are idiots
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Really, to make a truly "good" recommendation, your riding habits have to be discussed. Are most of your rides under 100 miles, over 100 miles, highways or rural roads, do a lot of canyon carving or a lot of touring, primarily utility bike (commuter for work/shopping/etc.) or primarily a "fun" bike? Always one-up, or two-up, cargo capacity needs, etc...

There are lots of good upgrades, but the one most suited to your needs is the one "most suited" for your uses.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 05-30-2009, 04:36 PM. Reason: Clarity of questions
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Easy choice

Suzuki Bandit 1200S or 1250S stay away from the 2001,2002 they burned oil a little. smokin ! Any bandit 1200 or 1250 the newer one's are comfortable and they have loads of torque after you do a few mods to them. You won't be able to keep the front wheel on the ground and they are down right "cheap" to own ..

Comment

I got a TL for sale...

Comment

the hayabusa screems comfort and power for those two up rides.

Comment

thats your call

Comment

After test riding my friends ZX12R yesterday on a nice road with some curves mixed in with some medium length straights connecting them, I've decided tht will be my next bike. It makes more power than anyone really "needs", but with all that power I should be able to ride all day long in 5th or 6th gear when the wife is on the back, and just use the low rpm grunt it has comming out of the corners keeping the ride smooth for her. Once I get it I want to raise the bars an inch, and add a Corbin seat, I think once that's done and I get the suspension dialed in for our weight (it's set a bit too stiff on the preload for me since my friend weighs about 50lbs more than I do), it will be as comfortable if not slightly better on long rides than my pre 600 Kat is.
                                John,
                                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X