No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welded up my cracked chain guard and repainted it! Yes, they were steel back in 1982.
    1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

• still watching the mreedohio body paint dry!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• time for pics.. u'll see why i say i NEED a bike cover.

that is what the fogs look like mounted..

this is a closeup of the way i mounted it. just bent a piece of steel i had leftover from my fmic install on my audi.. bolted to the bottom caliper bolt.

this is a pic of the HID headlight. it's a dual beam so i have hi and low beams. i dont like how the headlight is a bluish and the headlights are so dim looking.. so that is where the 8000k hid's are going in a few weeks..

this is the 3rd brake light lookin thing i've put over my tail light.. the next pic is when the brakes are on.

this is the LED light i put under the tail in place of what used to be the license plate light. i rewired it to work with the brake lights. lights up under the bike very well!! i'm finally visable to the old lady at night when she's behind me..

this pic is of my new power outlet because i use my phone alot during the day and the wife gets ****ed when she cant get ahold of me so i can now charge my phone on my way home from work... yay for not having to get lectured when i get home.

this is what it looks like right now.. i took all the decals off that were in the pics from a few posts back. and yeah, i need to paint the exhaust piping since it is rust colored..
        Last edited by festerfm; 06-05-2009, 04:10 PM.
        my garage:
        96 Kat 750, stage 1 jet, 4-1 w/ slip-on, led's all around, 10000k HID headlight, 42t rear sprocket
        03 Audi A4...SOLD, 1.8t quattro, APR stage 2, 18's, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, 3" tp, apr sport catback, apr BOV, 380cc injectors, 250hp, 300lb/ft...
        97 Isuzu Rodeo, tint, stereo, tow hitch.. nuff said...

find me on facebook.. [email protected]

Comment

• I like the idea of the fog lights; but the mounts are a little crude, dont you think?

And, I dont know about PA but in Ohio youre not allowed more than two headlights on a bike.
          Last edited by HemiKat; 06-05-2009, 05:11 PM.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
            I like the idea of the fog lights; but the mounts are a little crude, dont you think?

And, I dont know about PA but in Ohio youre not allowed more than two headlights on a bike.
            well have you not seen any of the HD crew with all the lights they have???
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
              well have you not seen any of the HD crew with all the lights they have???
              Youre supposed to run a front license plate on you cars too, but I havent in years.

Comment

Youre supposed to run a front license plate on you cars too, but I havent in years.
                I got pulled over for that and the plate was on the dash!
                It is all in enforcement judgement!
                Well the paint is back in the garage to cool off from setting in the sun since 10:30am this morning!
                I keep walking by mine to see her, just tear up, wanting to go for a ride!
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                Who knows what is next?

Comment

• there's no laws or anything in pa that i'm aware of about the number of lights on the bike. and as far as i'm concerned, the more lights i have lighting up the road ahead of me the better. however, there is supposedly a law that says all these ppl putting in hid conversion kits in their cars w/ the reflector lenses is illegal. which i can see why. light that bright needs to be in a lense that's made for it i/e a projector lense. but like was said before, it's all up to the cop that sees it. june 11 i should be recieving my hid kit for the fogs. i'll post up then.. i dont do writeups because my wiring looks like a rats nest. i'm not even sure if i'll have all the stuff i need. i believe i will have to use an electrical relay to switch the hid fogs on and off since i doubt the $3 switch i'm using now will handle the amperage used at startup.
                  my garage:
                  96 Kat 750, stage 1 jet, 4-1 w/ slip-on, led's all around, 10000k HID headlight, 42t rear sprocket
                  03 Audi A4...SOLD, 1.8t quattro, APR stage 2, 18's, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, 3" tp, apr sport catback, apr BOV, 380cc injectors, 250hp, 300lb/ft...
                  97 Isuzu Rodeo, tint, stereo, tow hitch.. nuff said...

find me on facebook.. [email protected]

Comment

• Getting ready to go pick my Kat up at the shop! Apparently all it needed was an oil change. Yay $65 for an oil change!

Comment

• I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Yesterday: Changed the oil, first time for myself, changed my rear brake line to a stainless steel line, put in my revalved 750 shock from Tmod, and lift my front end back to stock height. Much better ride now. Cant we to get my rotors from arsenic and "upgrade" the front brakes.

Comment

• Rode her out of town, then towed her back in.

Comment

Rode her out of town, then towed her back in.

Oil change didn't do the trick I take it.....
                            sigpic
                            1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

• welll my brother wanted to learn how to ride it, went up to a parking lot. he managage to lay it down, not terrible, his leg is a little scraped, bike is no worse than it was before cosmetically, nothing bent, he wasnt going above 15mph.

well, the bike didnt want to start for about fifteen minutes, but then it finally did, but now it idles slower than before, and has some backfiring between 22-45 k rpm. ive been told a possible float bowl stick, and maybe some overflow burnoff.

unfortunately im taking finals, and then riding home wednesday from cinci to cleveland. so im gonna check the oil. and just ride it home. and my neighbor is a mechanic, so he is gonna help me tear the beast apart and figure it out.
                              "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• cleaned chain and re-lubed. ready to go...
                                2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                                X