No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after i backed my kat into a wall and busted my taillight, i know go ahead and make fun, my wife did it too, i bought one off a KR member. then long story short, gently dropped my bike on the high side backing out of a parking space at work. my right ankle is the one i broke 2 months ago and so i don't have my full strength quite yet so i couldn't support all the weight plus i was on a hill and my balance was off. my front brake lever broke off so i had to finish the day with rear brakes only. that sucked hardcore. i ordered new brake lever and a clutch lever carbon fiber to match my mirrors and rear tail lights and they came in the mail yesterday. i attached my my new levers and my new rear tail light and it looks better than it did. plus, my wife said she really liked the way the carbon fiber looks. plus it works better than ever... or is it my imagine?
    R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by t.c.mitchell View Post
      after i backed my kat into a wall and busted my taillight, i know go ahead and make fun, my wife did it too, i bought one off a KR member. then long story short, gently dropped my bike on the high side backing out of a parking space at work. my right ankle is the one i broke 2 months ago and so i don't have my full strength quite yet so i couldn't support all the weight plus i was on a hill and my balance was off. my front brake lever broke off so i had to finish the day with rear brakes only. that sucked hardcore. i ordered new brake lever and a clutch lever carbon fiber to match my mirrors and rear tail lights and they came in the mail yesterday. i attached my my new levers and my new rear tail light and it looks better than it did. plus, my wife said she really liked the way the carbon fiber looks. plus it works better than ever... or is it my imagine?
      Ok ok ok, Ill take a crack at it. Geeez do we need to order you some training wheels for that thing or what?
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

• Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
        Ok ok ok, Ill take a crack at it. Geeez do we need to order you some training wheels for that thing or what?
        a riding buddy of mine told me it was a sign, to sale the sport bike and get a cruiser. btw, he has a 01 gixxer 600. i told him no, i loved my katana too much. he was yanking my chain anyway. but laughed and said at least this way, i got to buy something for the bike.
        R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

• Working on the carbs. Hoping to have it all done in the next two days.

Comment

• Kat's back in the shop because the damn things still wants to idle too high!
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• Re-built my carb's. Waiting on good weather to put it all back together.

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
              Kat's back in the shop because the damn things still wants to idle too high!
              The idle really gets to you, doesn't it?
              Last edited by Kfreak; 06-03-2009, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• my baby is out of commission til further notice...but i got to look at it this morning and sigh

Comment

• Originally posted by t.c.mitchell View Post
                  a riding buddy of mine told me it was a sign, to sale the sport bike and get a cruiser. btw, he has a 01 gixxer 600. i told him no, i loved my katana too much. he was yanking my chain anyway. but laughed and said at least this way, i got to buy something for the bike.
                  I got a buddy that IMHO Has Noooo buisness being on a bike. Hes totaled 2 sports. Wound up getting a HD Deuce 2. Stops at a red light...and just falls over.(on the pipe side no less) Its cost him a shattered finger, A busted up leg, a mile of road rash, the cost of the 1st two bikes and the parts on this one. Not to mention all the time outta work to heal up.
                  and he still cant get it thru his thick head thats its just not for him!
                  Joker
                  sigpic

Comment

• Went for a nice ride up Rt. 2 here in MA and then replaced my headlight (low beams FTW).

Then I made the mistake of reading the forums and found like $300 worth of stuff I want to buy. I really need to find a full-time job, graduating now sucks.
                    sigpic
                    »Ross Wendell
                    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• Degreased the engine to find oil leak (slight seepage from one head bolt), replaced cracked tail light with eBay score ($15!), replaced rusty exhaust header hardware with new stainless internal wrenching bolts and scrubbed the pillion seat back to a nice light grey colour!

This weekend it's getting new rubber (if the tires arrive in time).
                      1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

• Got a call from the shop. My bikes done! But my wife went to the Coldplay consert so I dont have a ride to go get it! So what did I do today? Daydreamed about my bike....
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• I did nothing to or with my bike today. I hung mreedohio's body!
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• did the mesh mod which I am going to re do, new red pro grip grips, painted screen, new rear metzler tire, new sylvania ultra headlight, tank and cap protector progrip. katana decal removal (the tennis ball works great. new air and fuel filter. I think thats it.

2000 Kat, stage 1 DJ, Progrip grips and tank protector, painted windscreen, tinted fron turn signals, DIY fender eleminator, rear carbon fiber turnsignals, Syslvania ultra headlights. debadged.

Comment

• Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                              Got a call from the shop. My bikes done! But my wife went to the Coldplay consert so I dont have a ride to go get it! So what did I do today? Daydreamed about my bike....
                              AINT THAT A BI*CH!!!!!
                              Joker
                              sigpic

Comment

• well, i have had these blue decals on the bike since i bought it. i'll throw a pic up.. just says suzuki on both sides and 750 on the back. i pulled the decals off except for the "750". so now its just all black.

the fog lights are great! they're aimed good and arent bad, but, i have a 10000k hid bixenon kit for the headlight and these pale lookin lights on the fogs.. so i ordered an h3 8000k kit for the fog lights for 52.50 from ebay. hopefully i can hook everything up good. i'll get some pics up tomorrow of it. i NEED a bike cover!! recommend me something cheap..

i also got a new set of tires installed a few weeks ago, and i took off the license plate light and rewired it to work for my brake lights. then installed a red LED bulb w/ 360 degrees of leds so when i hit the brakes, it lights up the underside of my kat red. also there's an LED strip above my brake light that acts as a 3rd brake light would in u'r car but shines straight back, 60 degrees left and right, and 45 degrees left and right.. it's pretty tight! the GF says i'm much more visable at nite.

those pics were just to show the decals that USED to be on there.. the "750" on the back is still there, all the rest are gone.. the "suzuki" on the tank is still there tho.. i didnt understand those damn "Racing" decals.. they were the first to go like 2 days after i bought it.
                                my garage:
                                96 Kat 750, stage 1 jet, 4-1 w/ slip-on, led's all around, 10000k HID headlight, 42t rear sprocket
                                03 Audi A4...SOLD, 1.8t quattro, APR stage 2, 18's, eyelids, rear lip spoiler, 3" tp, apr sport catback, apr BOV, 380cc injectors, 250hp, 300lb/ft...
                                97 Isuzu Rodeo, tint, stereo, tow hitch.. nuff said...

find me on facebook.. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X