X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Talltec View Post
    Took the wife out to a bbq with local riders put about 70 miles on her today found out speedo is off by +8 miles took it from home all the way down 411 to alcoa tn

Is this a app for your phone?

Comment

• Looks like Diablo Super Biker, by Pirelli

Comment

• Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
        Looks like Diablo Super Biker, by Pirelli
        yes it is

its nice you can use it as for track or road
        Last edited by Talltec; 05-27-2013, 07:19 AM.

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
        >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

• Did some cleaning and painting tell me what you think?

2006 Katana 600
          Attached Files

Comment

• Put frame sliders on her

Comment

• yes i want to

how much and where ?
              Originally posted by suzuki99 View Post
              Put frame sliders on her

Comment

• Aw cmon, the Katana's are so light and nimble they are like pixies. You'll NEVER drop one. Hell, I don't think a single Katana has ever been dropped in the entire history of man. It's that futuristic metal alloy they made the frame out of, I believe it's called "iron". Or maybe lead...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Cleaned the carburetors. AGAIN. (Pulled the butterflys and dipped them this time)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
                Last edited by porschefan; 05-27-2013, 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Did the coil relay mod on my '06, shaved 2 seconds off the quarter! Not.
                  Gave an extra volt at the coils though and was easy enough to do, well for me anyway.

Comment

• Ordered new levers today. Going for a cable tomorrow and when everything arrives she'll look just that bit better even. Also I hope my clutch issues will be in the past then.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• had to put mine on craigslist
                      just another day in the oilfields

Comment

• Bummer^ I finally ordered my rear tire

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
                        The 3 best tools you'll ever have: 1 under your hat and 1 at the end of each arm.

Comment

• Hey Folks, New Kat owner. Have a 93 GSX600F, it had been laid down by the previous owner in 2009, pretty much sat since then. Yesterday, thanks to help from this forum, I got the gas cap off, cleaned it up. Got the petcock off and cleaned, and started de-rusting the tank with some Metal Rescue.

I also have the carbs almost broken down, need to pull the pilot jets and the air mix screws. Then time to clean, clean, clean them.

Plan is to take it down to the frame and the engine, then start putting it all together with fresh fluids and greased up bearings.

Being new to the Kat, what are some of the best sources for parts? I am use to working on late 70s early 80s bikes where ebay and a forum like this are about the only options for alot of parts.
                          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!!

Current rides
                          1993 Suzuki Katana 600
                          1981 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Comment

• Originally posted by HighCardAce View Post
                            how much and where ?
                            I did a mod that another fellow member did on here(hardlydangerous thanks). Got myself a set of set of Frame Sliders Crash Protector Yamaha YZF 600R No Cut Black Extended from ebay($20 with free shipping). Did a small mod to them, drilled the frame and installed using a smaller bolt. I'll tell you, I am glad I did, cuz a week after I installed them, I dropped my bike at really low speed and the frame slider did it's job! See attached pic on how it looks on my bike!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• chopped off part of my rear fender finally, I like it much better now.

Comment

• Swapped the carbs from my old bike on to my new one put the new plastics i just bought on took the old exhaust off (snapped one header bolt) and put a Vance and Hines on not loud at at all just has more of a sporty tone still can't decide if i want to strip the old one down and box it up for spare parts or get it up and running and teach my girl how to ride. Hmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X