No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs, oil, bleed breaks ,put carbs back on , pretty good day i guess gonna start it up tomorrow

Comment

• I'm headed to work to install new Motions. tried PR3s. now back to the Motions. they felt better to me. plus they lasted a little longer.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Fell in love all over again with my 1100, that's not to say I wouldnt cheat on her (the bike, that is). Been riding around over the last couple days in the cool of January and she just felt really good. They like the cooler weather so she ran out good and strong.
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• tore down carbs and found vacuum oring missing and #4 slide would only move a half inch. Maybe now it will be 99%
          sigpic

Comment

• I changed my oil. While I was at it I realized that the paint I got for my new oil cover was a better match than the PO's touch up paint. This lead to touching up the touch up paint. It's not perfect, but it looks better.

Comment

• Rode my kat today for like the 4th time. Trying to make a lefthabd turn out of a parking lot. I looked left and then right and started to pull out when i looked back left there was a car and grab the front brake and tip over. My first drop lol. Luckily i only moved two feet before seeing then car. Lesson look left, look right and then left again. Rookie mistake.

Comment

• Put it up for sale.

I traded my VL1500 for a VFR800 and I gotta say its a more comfortable ride and fuel injection rocks. now it makes no sense in having two bikes that are so close in size and performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcssls View Post
                  tore down carbs and found vacuum oring missing and #4 slide would only move a half inch. Maybe now it will be 99%

wrong answer. Although yes I went through the carbs with a fine tooth comb I am right back where I started. Acts like low vacuum and I have soaked everything in the intake path with plenty of differenct chemicals so if there was a leak I would see it. Guess I'll try adjusting valves this next weekend and hope that maybe they're too tight. If that doesn't do it I'm changing engines.
                  sigpic

Comment

• took the Kat out for a ride today... 11 degrees yee haw

Comment

• Rode it to work for the last time today in -10°C and on icy roads. Maybe I should take this opportunity to get her naked and spend some quality time with her.
                      (or maybe I should just get a gf for a while )
                      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                        Maybe I should take this opportunity to get her naked and spend some quality time with her.
                        (or maybe I should just get a gf for a while )
                        How does that saying go?

"if it has tit$ or tires, it'll give you problems" LOL

Comment

• Cleaned the carbs, adjusted the valves, then found out my leaky valve cover wasn't just a gasket. The PO has somehow managed to break the valve cover, right behind a frame rail. I'm still boggled by this one. Parts on order. BLECH!

Comment

• I finished putting mine back together after painting the swing arm and fixing some cracks after an unfortunate wind gust blew it over in Eureka Springs AR this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleBuck View Post
                              How does that saying go?

"if it has tit$ or tires, it'll give you problems" LOL
                              LOL. I'm gonna quote you from now on.
                              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcssls View Post
                                wrong answer. Although yes I went through the carbs with a fine tooth comb I am right back where I started. Acts like low vacuum and I have soaked everything in the intake path with plenty of differenct chemicals so if there was a leak I would see it. Guess I'll try adjusting valves this next weekend and hope that maybe they're too tight. If that doesn't do it I'm changing engines.
                                tore back down to the valves, all the exhaust valves were too tight, couldn't fit a .004" feeler into them. Intakes were mixed, every other one too tight around 0 to .003". The rest were too loose, probably where the exhaust valves should have been. If this doesn't bring this thing to life and give me some vacuum I'm going to get another engine.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X