No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished all the repairs on my pre-kat. Got my motorcycle license today and took her for a short ride

Last edited by kc5qdf; 01-20-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Took faring and tank off so i could detail clean and inspect motor and frame. Also it has a small leak from the cover in front off the one with oil slight glass. Sorry not sure of the cover names? I hate dirty vehicals
      2003 Katana 750F
      1986 VFR 700F

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastymz View Post
        Also it has a small leak from the cover in front off the one with oil slight glass. Sorry not sure of the cover names? I hate dirty vehicals
        The cover with the oil sight window would be your clutch cover.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

• Uhmm.. Don't you mean the stator cover?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shownarou View Post
            Uhmm.. Don't you mean the stator cover?
            No thats on the left side

Originally posted by kc5qdf View Post
            finished all the repairs on my pre-kat. Got my motorcycle license today and took her for a short ride

Nice lookin ride!!!
            Last edited by stretched600; 01-21-2012, 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Its the cover infront or closer to the front of the bike then the clutch cover
              2003 Katana 750F
              1986 VFR 700F

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrclean81 View Post
                installed HID bulbs,
                How much extra light do those give off?

Riding at night sucks because the stock lights on my 05 Kat doesn't throw light far enough.... 12 feet tops.... which isn't enough to stop if something comes out in front of me...

Maybe I should I look into doing the "Project: I wear sunglasses at night"?
                2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                - Aaron

Comment

• Installed a Dynojet Stage 1 Jet Kit and synced the carbs. She is purring like a kitten now. Then gave her a good clean and Wax.!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                    How much extra light do those give off?

Riding at night sucks because the stock lights on my 05 Kat doesn't throw light far enough.... 12 feet tops.... which isn't enough to stop if something comes out in front of me...

Maybe I should I look into doing the "Project: I wear sunglasses at night"?
                    Then something is wrong with your 05 Kat. Mine throws a lot further than that. Try some Sylvania Silverstar headlamps. I believe there is a way to adjust the headlight too, might want to hit the FSM for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                      ...I believe there is a way to adjust the headlight too, might want to hit the FSM for it.
                      Ummm yeah. There are two screws sticking out of the back of the headlight bucket. The one at the top adjusts the height of the beam and the other one adjusts left and right. Park the bike about 20 feet from a wall, sitting level with the front fairing off so you can get at the screws easier. It helps if you have someone sit on the bike so it's sitting exactly the same way it does when you're riding. At 20 feet, the cutoff from the low beam should be centered on the bike's centerline and about 1" lower than the center of the headlight.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• I'll definitely look into it. There's a list of things to do to my Kat when I get the chance, so I may as well add more to it for when I strip it down to just the frame.

Thanks guys!
                        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                        - Aaron

Comment

• Rebuilt petcock...or should i say built it. (It had no internals when i got it)

Comment

• installed carbs

Comment

• i put my new motobatt in my kat today...
                              started it up for the first time in almost a month and a half...

first day above 6 degrees and i'm going for a rip!!

Comment

• What did I do to my Kat today???

I rebought it lol!!
                                seriously!!

Comment

Working...
                                X