No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered an exhaust system that will fit my modded 1991 katana.

Comment

• Just replaced the O rings on the intake valves and installed new exhaust gaskets. hopefully my new exhaust system will arrive tomorrow and I can install it!!

Comment

• put SCR frame sliders on, got em for $50 off ebay from some lady who i guess parted out her husband's bike

now goin riding

Comment

• Finishing up a much needed valve adjustment. Just buttoned up the carbs and reinstalled the throttle and choke cables. 13 out of 16 valves needed adjusting! Yikes! Looks like she was due.

Comment

• I just bought mine today.

I didn't get to ride it yet because I have no clue what I'm doing, it's raining and I haven't finished buying my gear.

But I did sit on it and start it. Looks like it's moving even when sitting still according to my wife. Nothing like buying a motorcycle that you've never even rode.

Comment

• finally a good sync and a great ride...

It's been three weeks since I bought this 06 750 K. First had to get all the gas out of the engine -- four oil and filter changes. Then thorough carb clean and bench sync. OK. It runs and pretty good. But last week I ordered a SyncPro and this morning early got a really good sync finished.

Still 107 here but a great ride! I rolled her up to 120 a couple of times -- smooth as glass. The idle is rock solid. I am a happy motorist!

Comment

• Rolled over 36k miles!!! Had only 16k on it when I got her two years ago.

I like to ride
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• I thought about mine, made some notes for things I might like to do to it as well.
                  “If you don’t like change, you will like being irrelevant even less.”
                  -Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld

2002 DRZ400E
                  1994 Katana 600

Comment

• Yesterday, I cleaned out the garage so I would have room to work on her, I aired up the rear tire for easy moving again, organized my tools so I have them when working on the bike, gave her a good once over now that I have room to work. Made list of things that need done to get her on the road, and will work on order of importance today. Plan on draining oil and pulling the shift shaft seal out and replacing with a new one...If I get far enough I will even remove the gas tank in prep for cleaning the rust out of it (not near as bad as my buddy made it sound).

Regards,

Will R.
                    Will R. Everett,WA

"I am not in a hurry to die....just to live before I die" ---Me

Comment

• redid my stock rear fender and blinkers today... also made a rear tag mount
                      1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
                      2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
                      1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

• Washed it, and refilled some oil. What happens if it's a little too much oil btw?
                        2004 gsxf 750.
                        "A beer never comes alone"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pjolter View Post
                          Washed it, and refilled some oil. What happens if it's a little too much oil btw?
                          you burn the oil. probably not a big issue if its just a little too much
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• Pro taper, cr low, mx bars! Holy crap. it is a diffrent bike. It turns like it is hard wired to my brain. Ran out of light so I only have one pic, sorry. I'm going to bed so I'm not going to do a whole write up unless some one cares enough to ask. How ever, I FREAKIN LOVE THEM!

Crap can't post pics from my phone, sorry. I will try harder next time.
                            I pretty much suck.
                            Last edited by dragthatsht; 08-09-2011, 12:41 PM. Reason: Remove some of the suck

Comment

• I rode her on the street for the first time yesterday. We stayed on the back roads and tried to only make right hand turns. I have to say that even though I was scared out of my skull, it was an experience like no other. Except maybe that day I went skydiving.

I'm finding that I have problems with a couple things. Not being able to take turns properly when starting from a stopped position, for example making a right turn onto another street. If I'm moving going into the turn I do fine. If I'm turning from a stop sign I have issues. The other thing I keep forgetting is to turn off my freakin' turn signal. When I do remember to turn if off, I keep hitting the horn.

Comment

• I order a new set of tires for the Kat.
                                http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X