No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went to pick up my new brake pads and the dumb @$$3$ at the shop ordered the rears instead of the fronts... then sad we can have the new fronts in on Tuesday... WTH man i wanted to ride TODAY
    1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
    2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
    1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

• 15T front sprocket

Today I installed a 15T front sprocket (from 14T) to go with the 42T rear.
      I ride long distances in the desert and the speeds are 70+ (mostly +) so taller gearing should help with mileage and mechanical sympathy. After today's ride I will know more. Cheers!

Comment

• pulled the carbs off to give them a good cleaning and hopefully get some of my gas mileage back
        ----USMC combat vet----
        07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

• Originally posted by newmotorguy View Post
          Today I installed a 15T front sprocket (from 14T) to go with the 42T rear.
          I ride long distances in the desert and the speeds are 70+ (mostly +) so taller gearing should help with mileage and mechanical sympathy. After today's ride I will know more. Cheers!
          Rode up to Lake Isabella/Kernville today with the new gearing and it was great! It was more relaxing and the mileage was better. I averaged 42mpg on my 150 mile lunch ride and that is pretty good as I rode fairly aggressively passing and having fun on the twisties. Really enjoying the Kat!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Previously had put the bike up on it's center with the wheels off the ground. Finally got around to starting the tear down.

Removed all the fairings, entire swingarm and suspension assembly, entire front suspension, front fairing stay, and have it now down to just the main frame and engine/harness.

Also pulled the carbs and will being another go through and check on them. Got 1 bowl that was leaking a tad so I'll be double checking that.

Need to pick up some paint to start preping parts to go back on now.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• bought my new bar end mirrors today! cant wait to install them this evening!
              1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
              2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
              1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

• SAENG/TA Micro-Swirl Edging

After work I added SAENG Micro-Swirl Edging to my windscreen. It's supposed to create a larger bubble of calm air which will be nice on long rides. It didn't make the bike look better but if it works it's staying.
                I will post the results.

Comment

• Put the newly painted fork lowers and other parts together. Still need to add fork oil, but I'll get to that later. Also got the triples disassembled and the old bearings removed.

Time to start painting some stuff and reassembly.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Thinking about putting these clear alternatives on it i just got in yesterday. So i don't have to pay the shop but i'm still waiting on my kickstand. Then we going to go get inspected an it's show time baby!!!!! Just got it raised from being ghetto lowered,with a brand new rear. New clutch cable brand new riding gear coming in the mail. Jacket,gloves,pants thinking about a new icon airframe helmet. What yall think?
                    Freddieboy

Comment

• took my first real ride through street lights and intersections and traffic and all! took the beast over to a bike fixer upper friend of mines to get the carbs nice and cleaned out, fork seals swappin, stiffer fork oil, and just to check out the overall condition. after i get her back its maddd ridin time!
                      2001 GSX600F

Comment

• Took a nice 3hr ride in the rain with mammut89. Think we had about 30min without rain, and dry tarmac
                        2004 gsxf 750.
                        "A beer never comes alone"

Comment

• "Bung" fitted to sports exhaust to quieten it down, make it legal and add a little back pressure that has immediately improved low-down torque. Also had new tyres fitted. "Scrubbing in" ride tmoro.

Comment

• I rode to work today for the first time. Even jumped on the expressway for about 2 miles in rush hour traffic.

That was a little bit of a heart stopper. All those idiots putting on their makeup and eating breakfast in a huge hurry to get to work.

I'm learning that body language of the drive can tell you a lot about what they plan on doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spyderturbo007 View Post
                              I rode to work today for the first time. Even jumped on the expressway for about 2 miles in rush hour traffic.

That was a little bit of a heart stopper. All those idiots putting on their makeup and eating breakfast in a huge hurry to get to work.

I'm learning that body language of the drive can tell you a lot about what they plan on doing.

I was going to avoid the highway all together but decided I would test it out. I was a bit nervous being a novice rider but have since come into my own, on the highway. But you can see the idiot drivers very easily. Happy riding!

Comment

• My kat is going to be operated on this week. Starting tonight. First up, testing the fuelcock, then if nessesary, will drain the tank and replace the fuelcock. Either way tank is coming off and going to the paint shop to be turned black. Then while that is going on, it is getting new plastics, new plugs, new gauges, a fender eliminator kit, and an integrated tail light. I think thats it though.

Crap I forgot the framesliders. Putting those on too.
                                Last edited by Mmillerdroidx; 08-20-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X