No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left it home. I think I need to adjust the clutch. Runs great, but dies when I put it in gear. Can't remember adjusting a clutch. Could get interesting. My son hasn't worked on anything hardly, but I am going to make him wrench while I hold the light if I find manual.

Comment

• ^^^

Kickstand switch.
      Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

• Removed all of fairing for painting, Pulled carbs & airbox, uninstalled all Cali smog control, Adjusted valves, began carb dis-assembly for cleaning.
        Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

Comment

• Sent nasty email to "motorcyclecarbparts.com" concerning my nonshipped bell crank after 3weeks. no phone number, not returned Emails, nothing. cancelled order called cc company to backcharge the a*****e. Contacted "godaddy" his domain admin and let them know what was up with him. contacted BBB let them know what was up with him. Ordered part from "sudco" 7-10days twice the price, I happy as hell, now.....
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Walked by it thinking " I would rather be out riding" instead of gearing up for the wood cutting party I was about to have.

Comment

• Checked her oil and lubed chain,cables and linkages, touched up some scratches and covered over some dirt with matt black and fitted some green lights inside the bodywork. Dunno what they gonna look like yet cos its still light. -
              sigpic

Comment

• Walked out thru the garage... ran my hand over windscreen, down the tank, across the
                seat... patted it and whispered.. "soon my zombie love... very soon".

And then went to work grumbling as its Friday and 35 deg out.
                "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

• today i took the fairings off, headlight out, dash and pad out and left hand clutch cover. now time to order some new parts for my baby to do work

Comment

• Wiped her down and decided to winterize her, then put her back together and wiped her down one more time lol.

Comment

• Warmed her up around the block...the long way haha. Felt pretty darn nice. Took everything I had to park her. Wish it wasn't so dam cold!

Comment

• Had a few days playing with my O2 sensor, timing, carbs ...

After gouging out the timing rotor further, I gave myself a range up to 7* advance. Trial and error suggested it preferred 4*, so that's where it is.

Final carb settings have me running beautifully at idle and highway cruise - 100 - 110 kph (14.4:1 - 14.9:1), slightly rich at light throttle - eg cruise at 60kph (13.6:1 - 13.8:1) and just slightly lean above 6000rpm (around 14.7:1 - 15.2:1). Dropping the right wrist sees it return to about 13:1 at 1/4 to full throttle - gradually leaning off as rpm increase. Pretty happy overall, but don't seem to be able to lean off the mix any further at very light throttle (about 1/8 throttle). It's not bog down and foul plug rich - it's just not quite at the sweet spot. No flat spots at all, and really strong and smooth in the low to mid range - where it lives.

Then since it was due and has spent a while running on the stand while I fiddled, I shouted it some nice new oil.

Comment

• I got my baby started after one ye down

Comment

• Primed and sanded a little. Needs more work before I paint.
                            sigpic

Comment

• My left index finger got caught in a machine at work and now it looks like two fingers, so I won't be riding for a while.
                              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                                My left index finger got caught in a machine at work and now it looks like two fingers, so I won't be riding for a while.
                                That's gotta suck. Heal up quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X