X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gyro View Post
    only been on here for a little bit, but need some help. I replaced rear brake pads today, and in the process had to push the pistons into the caliper in order to fit new pads, but now even after pumping rear brake 100x they wont come back out and i get no braking from the rear.

anyone help out?
    If its a Post-98 the caliper has two bleeders. Can be a PIA.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• Took carbs a-part and soaked all the innards. Replaced the Needle seat orings and reassembled. Tomorrow we fire her up... if all good, taking her for an inspection and then a ride...
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
        Bleed, bleed, bleed. Eventually you'll get the air out of there and they'll start working. I'm going through the same thing right now and it's no fun, I know but you've got to be patient. You can speed things up a bit by using a vacuum pump. Do a search for bleed brakes. Lots on here about it.
        got it figured out.. took cap off reservoir, pumped brakes and opened the bleed nipple, couple squits and had full pressure.. rode around light for 10 min using just the rear brake and hand hovering over front just in case and no problems.. have a nice hour+ ride up the parkway tomorrow if its not raining

next up to do is oil filter and change in another 1k miles or so

Comment

• Stared at it, tried to fix my clutch cable, need to buy a new cable...HELP, any ideas where I can order a new one???

Comment

• Bike Bandit, Ron Ayers, this place: http://www.powersportspro.com/
            All good places for parts including clutch cables.

I was up until midnight last night bleeding the clutch. It's still not disengaging as fully as I'd like but I'm not getting air anymore and the bike's ride-able as is so I called it a night. AF wants me to take a refresher every three years so today I get to play hooky from work while I take the ERC. Let's see, I get a free day off to play around on the bike. WIN!
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• adding oil and new windscreen bolts.

Comment

• Took it to the MSF BRC2 class. (Used to be called the Experienced Rider Course.) Poor bike was so hot that I could feel the gas tank scorching my leg through the jeans. She handled like a champ though. So much better than with the stock rims. The braking wasn't great, though. I may need to address that...
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• For the first time in 4 years i rode my bike. So happy I finally got it running good. I forgot how much fun it can be

Comment

• Originally posted by bhocevar1 View Post
                    For the first time in 4 years i rode my bike. So happy I finally got it running good. I forgot how much fun it can be
                    That sounds like a top notch day
                    I repaired a slack mirror without breaking the glass

Comment

• i installed a PR3 on the rear to match the front i had installed at the Rally.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Put on the bottom plastics and took her out for a ride -- winds gusting 45 mph or so -- the bike sure cuts the air nicely - it may blow over a bit going around a semi when you cross out of its wind shadow, but feels steady and tracks great!

Does make me wonder if there is a bit taller windscreen out there - I'll have to dive into the threads - but if you have a recommendation, please forward to me. Thanks.

Another happy 65 miles on the beast!

Comment

• new back tire finally on
                          ----USMC combat vet----
                          07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

• Rolled over 10K miles this morning.

Comment

• Just adjusted and lubed my chain. Going out later to check the tires. I can't find a tire gauge anywhere around here. I'll go buy one if need be but I already have like 10 of the damn things!
                              1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
                              2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
                              1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Comment

• 1st post here... mounted my round headlight, front blinkers, and bar mounted mirror... then temporarily mounted gauges to side of frame to get a look see at an overall mockup... (building my 1st zuki fighter) ---> 95 kat 600 with gsxr cams... pics on new thread coming soon
                                1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
                                2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
                                1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

Working...
                                X