X

ITSSLOW's 1983 Honda CX650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITSSLOW's 1983 Honda CX650

I know it isn't a Katana but its a bike of mine I've been working on.

I got the bike dead stock after it sat in a buddies garage for a year because he couldn't get it running. He ended up giving the bike to me because he thought it was pretty much scrap! That's a $250 savings over what I paid for my Katana!

1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
    2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
    1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

That's one funky looking motor, good work!

Comment

really good work!!!

Comment

I used to ride with friend that one of those... Yeah, they are slow... but yours looks like a lot of fun...

Nice Job...
        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

great ****ing job man.... good work...
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

That's bad@$$, the spikes behind the seat are awesome, great idea!
            2003 GSX600F
            Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless Slip-On
            T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders

Comment

yeah that looks nice looking from where it came from.....but uhh.... i hope them springs work well...dont wanna see ya with (THREE) buttholes....
              1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
              1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
              1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
              2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
              2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Originally posted by d_phi_d View Post
                yeah that looks nice looking from where it came from.....but uhh.... i hope them springs work well...dont wanna see ya with (THREE) buttholes....
                Risk I'm willing to take! lol
                1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors

Comment

great transformation!
                  "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Wow, nice custom work there.

Comment

Thanks everyone. The Katana is going under the knife next. As a matter of fact, I'm going to tear off my gauges and head light in about 10 minutes.

Comment

nice bike speed is not everything style counts for at least half of the cool points!!!

Comment

Love it. But i am biased. I love old Hondas (have owned about 12) and I love cafe racers/bobbers (owned 6)
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Nice. What did you end up doing to get it running?

Comment

Originally posted by zzzz1486 View Post
                              Nice. What did you end up doing to get it running?
                              Rebuilt the carbs, oil change, new plugs, and new battery for a tune up and replaced the engine kill switch that was bad. Took me all of 15 minutes to figure out what it was. The guy isn't exactly a mechanical genius.

Comment

Working...
                              X