No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New clutch cable and full adjust. Wow, I didn't think it would feel the much better.

Oh and two days ago, had to build (coble together) a new brake light mount. the old one finally cracked and I almost lost some bits.

I pretty much suck

Comment

• drove mine to work this morning (1st trip on the open road) 67 miles one way up an interstate FULL of traffic... No issues, done awesome! Proud of my kat.

On another note there, I got some strange looks from the people I was passing, looks of WTF kinda bike is that!? Twas Great!
      1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
      2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
      1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

• rode my bike to work today and home. sprayed down my chain... there is still a tight spot in it. i think it might have gotten stretched out, and doesn't light up just right on the rear sproket... (sigh)
        FunEMT
        2000 Katana 600

Comment

• Rode it, got off of it, then rode it some more... no repairs today..
          "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Finally took the time to put on some more chrome! and a few new bushings in the plastics,and new fuel tank front bushing.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Today, me and my roommate Angie (yup a gal ) went out to the garage to work on the bike. We removed the gas tank, and then I showed her how to pull the carbs and let her do half as I did half. Once the were off, we drained the float bowls, and opened them up....nasty rusty mud clumped in spots of the bowl. Bit of gack in the fuel tubes as well. We can't get the screws broken loose on on of the gang braces, so pb blasted them and will try again tomorrow. I must say that I love the open-ness to the engine once the tank is off
              Will R. Everett,WA

"I am not in a hurry to die....just to live before I die" ---Me

Comment

• Went to ride this morninv and battery is dead...boo :0( so a new battery is in the future today w acid and on overnight charge. Bummed I can't ride on my day off.
                For my little angel.....
                sigpic
                ~Erin
                "Loyal to those Loyal to me"

Comment

• Separated carbs, removed float bowls, gonna diss-assemble 1 at a time the rest of the way for a complete clean and rebuild on them all. This will be my (our) first rebuild on a full bank of carbs
                  Will R. Everett,WA

Comment

• Originally posted by willburrrr2003 View Post
                    Separated carbs, removed float bowls, gonna diss-assemble 1 at a time the rest of the way for a complete clean and rebuild on them all. This will be my (our) first rebuild on a full bank of carbs
                    Do yourself a favor. If you found that much crud in the bowls, you'll need to put each carb body and set of jets in carb dip for 24hours ish. Then blow out with compressed air. Regular carb spray almost never gets the pilot circuit clean.

Comment

• Got a new battery, gel, no need for acid or the overnight charge! Oh best part is for some reason the guy behind the counter gave me a discount, wonder if its bc I had to exchange the neutral safety switch that they ordered incorrectly or for some other reason? ;0)
                      For my little angel.....
                      sigpic
                      ~Erin
                      "Loyal to those Loyal to me"

Comment

• Let's see, if you showed up looking like your profile photo there's no telling why you got the discount.
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          Let's see, if you showed up looking like your profile photo there's no telling why you got the discount.

Comment

• That was my plan, got a gallon of carb cleaner with a nice soak basket....will soak each and it's parts one at a time so not to mix any parts up, but will be like new when we get done I completely expected clogged pilot circuits, as it was put up with nasty gas left in the carbs, and a rusty tank

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                            Do yourself a favor. If you found that much crud in the bowls, you'll need to put each carb body and set of jets in carb dip for 24hours ish. Then blow out with compressed air. Regular carb spray almost never gets the pilot circuit clean.
                            Will R. Everett,WA

Comment

• Originally posted by willburrrr2003 View Post
                              That was my plan, got a gallon of carb cleaner with a nice soak basket....will soak each and it's parts one at a time so not to mix any parts up, but will be like new when we get done I completely expected clogged pilot circuits, as it was put up with nasty gas left in the carbs, and a rusty tank
                              For doing it right!

Comment

• Time to do some work on the sencond bike... It's blocked up under the frame, so both wheels are off the ground. Pulled the battery and did some maintenance on it... checked/filled the fluid with distilled water and put it on the charger. Already had a set of forks disassembled, so I stripped and painted the lowers black. They are drying now.

Will be pulling the entire front end including the fairing stay, putting new steering bearings in, newly rebuilt forks, replacement fairing stay, stainless bolts for the mirrors, new windshield, putting the main fairings on...

Also will be pulling the carbs, fixing a leak on them, one on the petcock, swapping the rear shock out with a known better one, upping the preload a bit on it... probably paint the swingarm black to match the forks, and maybe a few other parts while I'm at it.

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X