X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by uninsurable View Post
    i tried getting insured and that was a failure because of my age soo i rode it around a little bit.
    simple liability shouldnt be hard to get...even if it's just owner's insurance
    Last edited by stretched600; 07-04-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
      have you thought about exhaust wrapping?
      I thought about it but I'd still have to cut back the fairing to get enough clearance for the wrap.

Originally posted by jeffer949 View Post
      Get them ceramic coated. Should take care of the issues.
      Good idea but that raises the price significantly and I'm not sure that would be enough insulation to prevent melting the fairing unless I cut it back anyway. It's plastic, after all. Melting point is pretty low compared to the temp of the exhaust gasses.

Screw it. My OEM pipes turned out not to have anything wrong with them that sandblasting and painting (I'll look at powder coating next winter.) won't fix. It's not like I was planning to get a huge performance boost from a Bandit exhaust anyway (and do you really need it? It's an 1100.) so the only real sacrifice is that I'll have to watch the kids getting on and off the bike so they don't burn themselves.
      Last edited by Wild-Bill; 07-04-2011, 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• put a 2010 gsx-r exhaust on tinted the windscreen and front signals changed the dome light to a blue bulb, tomorrow i delete the fender and mabye start sanding the reaar fairings

Comment

• I washed it, then it rained.
          1988 Honda Hurricane CBR1000F (SOLD)
          2002 Suzuki Katana GSX600F

Comment

• Originally posted by 02 750f View Post
            put a 2010 gsx-r exhaust on tinted the windscreen and front signals changed the dome light to a blue bulb, tomorrow i delete the fender and mabye start sanding the reaar fairings

Comment

• Originally posted by 02 750f View Post

thats sharp! was it a direct bolt up and what year exhaust did you us?
              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• put some rear brake pads and new rear brake lever on They actually work now!!!
                Last edited by stretched600; 07-05-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• bled the other caliper
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• Put a new front rim on.
                    "2006 Suzuki GSX-F 750cc Katana"
                    "2000 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade"

Comment

• That gixxer 1k exhaust looks *****'n on there!
                      1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
                      2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
                      1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Comment

• Took the 9 year-old to bike night at the local Rita's. (Frozen custard/ice place) hHe got a huge kick out of the Boss Hoss V-8 bike with dual NOS that pulled in next to us. Made my 1100 look kinda puny...

Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• rode it to work. Then to lunch at subway and then road it back to work with my drink balanced on my gas tank. Yes I was impressed also. Then I left my key on so o had to get a jump pack on it to stert it. Then drove it home and put it on the charger

Comment

• Replaced all bearings and bushes in the suspension

Comment

• filled it up at shell gas station. adjusted my idle (was too high) and gave 'em a well deserved bath.

Comment

• Cleaned the bike really well and adjusted my chain

Comment

Working...
                                X