• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kickitjp
    This board is full of criminals.
    +1
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      When I was 18 with my first bike, a humble Honda CB450, I was doing about 5 or 8 over down a four lane divided road in Clearwater. Zero traffic, about 11PM on a weekday. The cop was coming in the opposite direction, I slowed down, he turned on his lights. Next turn in, he turned around; I did the same. We passed each other going the other way. Repeat three or four times, us just circling each other that way, going about 300 yards to the turn-arounds and switching back, until he finally shut his lights off and drove away. He could have had me at any point if he simply drove over the median... That was the most amusing situation in which I've been chased (but never chaste). I guess he finally decided it just wasn't worth the minimal ticket...

These days, I don't get chased by cops. Either I'm too slow to bother, or too fast to violate chase guidelines...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Thanks Cyber, I got a laugh out of picturing that one in my head.

Comment

so which of you criminals have been on wildest police chases....
        Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I DID see a Katana being chased on cops a few weeks ago . Old-school Kat , ridden by a tall skinny guy with long hair . Guy ditched it and ran into a lake to evade a K9 unit . C'mon , who was it ?
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have never ran from the cops. I thought about it many of times.

I get chased everytime I ride with GixerKat. He is old and doesn't know where is his going, so I have to lead. That and a buddy on an 2003 R6 likes to try and keep up with me.....then I have to remind him that he is trying to keep up with a Katana
            1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
            2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
            Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Closest I came to running was when I was hauling well over double the speed limit on the freeway, saw a cop in the median and grabbed what little throttle was left. It was like three am and I just kept going for another few miles, hit an exit and took back roads home. Never saw him so does that count as running?
              I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                I DID see a Katana being chased on cops a few weeks ago . Old-school Kat , ridden by a tall skinny guy with long hair . Guy ditched it and ran into a lake to evade a K9 unit . C'mon , who was it ?
                what did he think he was going to do, swim away from them ???

Comment

Yup, been chased by the cops on a bike, never caught though, it was on a fairly twisty 2 lane highway (one lane each direction), and I just had to drop it down, speed away and turn into a neighborhood.

I was also chasesd on a bike by someone in a Corvette...they wanted to race off the line, and like a fool they tried to beat me. So after getting their rear handed to them...they flew past me and that was about it!
                  Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

Not chased but followed several times by the cops. Don't know
                    why - they see a sport bike and assume you are up to no good.
                    So each time I slow down to the speed limit minus 3-5 mph and
                    just ride around the block over and over until they get tired. If in town
                    I have ridden down to the police station and then ride around the
                    block over and over.....Never got pulled over!

Comment

Same here, never chased but followed, easiest way to get rid of them is to drive out of their jurisdiction then turn around & follow them, they seem to hate that.

They also hate it when I can hit the speed limit faster than them.

Good news around here is they now have HDs on the force
                      I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpapac
                        Closest I came to running was when I was hauling well over double the speed limit on the freeway, saw a cop in the median and grabbed what little throttle was left. It was like three am and I just kept going for another few miles, hit an exit and took back roads home. Never saw him so does that count as running?
                        It depends. If he stayed parked and probably sleeping..or somehow being entertained in his squad car...then no, you did not run. But if he turned his lights on, then you are a criminal like the rest of us.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Your only a criminal if you are caught!
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Even if you are hiding in a spider hole... (laughing)

That's a variation on the old saying "There's only one law: getting caught!"

I always find it amusing when they profile master criminals... the real master criminals are the ones where no one else ever even knows a crime occurred. I suspect most hold public office :P

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes I got chased in the cage by the cops,
                              my better knowlege of the back roads allowed me to drive w/o lights for a few miles and evade.. not a proud moment. Second time was scarier.
                              Some looney was leaving a party same time as me and decided to mess with me. I had an MR2 (115 HP) and a 200lb drunk passenger (I was stone sober) the looney was solo in a 5.0 mustang LX.
                              Again I knew these roads well and knew I could
                              go double the posted limit.. I'd never have beaten
                              a V8 mustang in a drag race but we wen't drag racing. It wasn't too fast getting to 60 but once you did, there was little reason to slow down. Worst part was my friend, he kept shouting suggestions like "pull into an alley!!" and "spin around real fast"
                              What alley?? We were on farm roads!!
                              Spin around?? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                                words to live by !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X