How to tell my parents i bought it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pix08 View Post
    In my case it resume to **** hit the fan That day
    I noticed you're from Montreal. I happen to love quebec women. I envy you greatly.

Comment

A great man once told me: "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission." Good luck, I think all will go well though.
      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
      2004 Katana 600 - Gone
      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

I remember being in your shoes. I was 17 and wanted my first bike, and my mother did not want a motorcycle at the house......but it stayed the day I rode it home.

The "its already paid for" line does lend some permanence to it showing up to the house....so at least you're not bringing it home and saying you're thinking of buying it.

Don't do like I did and ride it home having never been on a bike before. I think the course is a good idea, I just took mine this past weekend after riding for a long time without it and I'm glad I did.

Comment

Tell them some other piece of news they take harder, i.e. your attracted to men. Let it sink in just a little then say, "no, I got a motorcycle". If they're like my parents they'll be relieved.

J/K just show up and be like "aren't you happy for me, I've always wanted this". They let you live with them so they must love you...
          95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
          Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
          ---
          I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

My very first bike was an Indian. My parents told me I wasn't allowed to have a motor driven vehicle until I was 18 and out of their house. I got this bike when I was 16. I hid the thing in the woods behind my house for a week, KNOWING that if I bought it home, I'd pay **** for it. Then, one day when I went to work on my bike, it was gone. Years later, when I told my parents about it, they flipped out on me! "Why didn't you bring it home, those bikes are worth MONEY!!!" *sigh* Moral of the story: TELL YOUR PARENTS!
            sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
            2004 Katana 600 - Gone
            2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

here is what you do, you have a print out break down of expenses and a list of courses and available dates that you can take them to improve your safe riding skills. this way its not impulse, it was planned

Comment

Now see, this is why I enjoy being single. No veto vote in the house. What I want to buy, I buy.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

This coulda been settled already with a whole bunch of honesty up front instead if sneaking around and getting permits and plotting on a bike. Telling them from jump street that you plan to get the bike, have saved the money to do so, and wanted to assure them that your going to go about things the safest way possible would have deff. eased the sting when it finally hit the driveway. They may not like your purchase, but at least it wouldn't be such a suprise in the end. And you would receive far less grief about it . You indeed may be 23 but its their home. (their rules no matter how bad that may suck.) Best of luck! I hope things go smooth for ya on this one.
                  Joker
                  The newest addition to the Family!
                  sigpic
                  stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I got it. They're ****ed. LOL. "omg you didnt tell us". blah. like i have to have permission from them to do anything.

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                    This coulda been settled already with a whole bunch of honesty up front instead if sneaking around and getting permits and plotting on a bike. Telling them from jump street that you plan to get the bike, have saved the money to do so, and wanted to assure them that your going to go about things the safest way possible would have deff. eased the sting when it finally hit the driveway. They may not like your purchase, but at least it wouldn't be such a suprise in the end. And you would receive far less grief about it . You indeed may be 23 but its their home. (their rules no matter how bad that may suck.) Best of luck! I hope things go smooth for ya on this one.
                    meh. maybe. This is how i bought my snowmobile, cars, boat, etc though. no one really got ****ed over those I figured i have the right to replace whats been stolen of mine by my dad.

Originally posted by moscar45 View Post
                    I remember being in your shoes. I was 17 and wanted my first bike, and my mother did not want a motorcycle at the house......but it stayed the day I rode it home.

The "its already paid for" line does lend some permanence to it showing up to the house....so at least you're not bringing it home and saying you're thinking of buying it.

Don't do like I did and ride it home having never been on a bike before. I think the course is a good idea, I just took mine this past weekend after riding for a long time without it and I'm glad I did.
                    Previous owner trailered it home for me. I figured that would be dumb. It also doesnt quite run.

as for some of the other posts..
                    Last edited by phroziac; 04-18-2010, 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=niqbales;1929675]Tell them some other piece of news they take harder, i.e. your attracted to men. Let it sink in just a little then say, "no, I got a motorcycle". If they're like my parents they'll be relieved.

man, that was hilarious!

Comment

I just showed up with mine when I was 18 and my mom just laughed and said not to kill myself.....7 yrs later...safe as sound lol
                        2000 suzuki katana gsx600f

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

Originally posted by kotten603 View Post
                          I just showed up with mine when I was 18 and my mom just laughed and said not to kill myself.....7 yrs later...safe as sound lol
                          my moms like...are you trying to kill yourself? Im like, wtf?

i dont think she realizes i have life insurance anyway.

Comment

well insurance dosnt stop you from killing yourself lol but if shes getting paid it might ease her pain a bit haha good luck with your new kat though. I just got mine 2 days ago....haven't even gotten to ride it yet its in pieces right now getting fixed.

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

Originally posted by kotten603 View Post
                              well insurance dosnt stop you from killing yourself lol but if shes getting paid it might ease her pain a bit haha good luck with your new kat though. I just got mine 2 days ago....haven't even gotten to ride it yet its in pieces right now getting fixed.
                              The point i meant to make is that if i die, she is not paying for the funeral. Which is how it should be. She'd still be ****sssssed if i died. But im not going to. Lets not even go there. And lets get my MSF.

Oh, and todays a sad day. I am 10 minutes from having it running but plate is expired and i dont have an endorsement. Haha.

Comment

that stinks, my carbs and all the plastics are off at the moment. so I wont be riding for the next few days at least, and the msf is a fun weekend anyway. I loved it and there is tons of useful info that you wont get anywhere else.

1997 yamaha yzf-1000

2002 honda recon 250es

Comment

Working...
                                X