X

How to tell my parents i bought it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell my parents i bought it?

I'm finally pickin up the kat tomorrow. I'll have to take it home. I feel like my mom is going to be ****ED.

Whadda i do?

I've ridden minibikes, dirtbikes, threewheelers for years and she never said much. but this is my first streetbike.

A while back i told my mom i might get a motorcycle, shes like "NOT TIL YOU SAVE UP SOME MONEY!!!"

I'm 23, i think i should be able to make decisions like that. Now, i have been saving up money (well how else would i get the bike?) but i just dont like to tell her i have money...

Also, i got my lip pierced once and she got realy ****ed and i survived.

But i'm scared!

And i think my stepdad's gonna be a little ****ed about the space its going to take up. I was thinking about maybe keeping it outside with a cover later, but i dont have a cover right now and wont be able to get one at the moment. Blah.

But like, they're always wasting money on crap they dont need too. My stepdad just bought a boat, pickup truck which he washes every day, ....

Should i be worried? Meh.

Good luck. I did the same thing to my wife. She never said a word but refuses to give me money when I need something for the bike. I just save my pennies.

Comment

Have any buddies looking for roommates?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrant View Post
        Have any buddies looking for roommates?
        oh hell no, i can afford my own place to live, i just choose not to. Been thinking about moving out again, but the problem is maintenance. I really dont want to come home and have to mow my lawn, etc etc.....since im not home much! Besides, last roommate stole everything i own. Hell, my real dad did too. Bikes and all.

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
        Good luck. I did the same thing to my wife. She never said a word but refuses to give me money when I need something for the bike. I just save my pennies.
        lollll, did you just show up with it one day? thank god im single. I had a GF a while back, but she was controlling and crap. I feel so free now that she left me....

Anyway i was thinking of just showing up with it tomorrow. I have been dropping a lot of hints like "i want a motorcycle", etc...lol. I kind of have a helmet in my room but they havent noticed it yet. My step dad keeps bringing stuff up like "i know 30 people with bikes and only 5 havent been hurt"
        Last edited by phroziac; 04-17-2010, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Just do it. After all's said and done....you'll have a bike and they have a son. Simple.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I'm anxious to see where you will be living after this ordeal. Keep us posted and good luck!
            It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by skelley5 View Post
              I'm anxious to see where you will be living after this ordeal. Keep us posted and good luck!
              Honestly, i know they wont kick me out over it.

The bad thing is i have to go back to work by 10pm tomorrow at the latest, or so it seems to get the load i'm under delivered. No time to do anything to the bike.

Comment

There's going to be some emotion no matter how you do it. Did you at least take the MSF course? That might give them a little more comfort if you have.
                Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by cybrnathan View Post
                  There's going to be some emotion no matter how you do it. Did you at least take the MSF course? That might give them a little more comfort if you have.
                  cant get in. its booked up all summer. i have a permit though (but they dont know that) and i intend to get my endorsement as soon as i get the bike running. and i'll have insurance and plates before then. I know they used to freak out bad when i drove my car without insurance.

Comment

Just do the walk in at the msf.
                    me and a buddy did it and there was like 10 others that did the same thing just show up early so you are on the top of the list in case they are full
                    1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Philskat View Post
                      Just do the walk in at the msf.
                      me and a buddy did it and there was like 10 others that did the same thing just show up early so you are on the top of the list in case they are full
                      i was thinking about it, but its gonna be a pain because they dont do them near my very often. its a traveling thing i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                        Just do it. After all's said and done....you'll have a bike and they have a son. Simple.
                        Best advice yet.
                        You're 23 and used your own money. 'Nuff said.
                        There will be a certain amount of griping and fussing but in the end... you're still family. It'll pass.
                        sigpic

Comment

Same thing happened here. With My katana and my lipring .

They will get over it.........eventually....

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                            Same thing happened here. With My katana and my lipring .

They will get over it.........eventually....
                            wish i still had my snakebites (liprings). let it close up

Comment

In my case it resume to **** hit the fan That day

Comment

Working...
                              X