Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Good luck buddy, just expect the " I told you so" if god forbid you do have a prang on it one day.
      Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't (Bart Simpson)

Comment

Maybe next time you could go this route. Take off early one morning and leave a note on the kitchen table:

Dear Mom & Dad,

I have some news that I just thought would be good for you two to hear straight from me instead of getting blind-sided later on.
        I'm 23 now and I know you two have liked me living at home, but there comes a time when I need to stand on my own two feet and make some decisions about my own life.

I've decided to move out. You know the girl I've been seeing? Well, we've decided to get married. It's amazing! She really passionate, gentle, understands me, and a man's needs more than any woman I've ever met. That's probably because she really is a man. Well, sort of. You see, "Tracy" had one of those sex change operations and guess what?
        He's She's pregnant! I know you guys weren't looking forward to grandkids for a while but I'm sure you'll be great! We're going to be squatting in a couple of foreclosed homes we've been keeping an eye on (found the lockboxs for the keys) and want to have more kids when we can save up money for a house of our own.

Tracy has shown me that marijuana doesn’t hurt anyone and we’ll be growing it for us and
        his her friends, who are providing us with all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. If we go into Meth we should be able to get that new house in no time. In the meantime, we’ll pray for the science to find the AIDS cure, 'cause Tracy would sure appreciate it. Lord knows, he she deserves some good news about this. And if it's not too much trouble, could you kinda mention that we've moved to Montana should the FBI show up at the door in the next couple days? It may not happen, I think we covered our tracks pretty good, but you never know.

Take care,
        Your son

PS: Mom and Dad, this is all BS. Not at all true. I’m over at Marty’s house. I just wanted to show you that there are worst things in life than my new motorcycle in the garage.
        sigpic

Comment

oh god, LOL. Anyhow, they calmed down before i left. They were just ****ed that i didnt tell them. Even then, i dont see why. But oh well.

Comment

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but am I correct? You're 23?
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
              Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but am I correct? You're 23?
              Yeah....

Comment

I'm w/ nero. HEY MOM!, DAD! LOOK WHAT I JUST GOT! AINT IT SWEET?
                yes, mom, I know it says 160 on the speedo, but I don't know if it goes that fast. I couldn't get it over 145 on the way home.
                89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
                soon to be 89 GSX1157R
                01 bandit 1200 motor
                36mm cv carbs
                89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
                89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
                modded yosh exhaust
                PPG Viper GTS blue
                EBC HH pads F&R
                Pirelli Diablo strada tires
                shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
                ...and pods

Comment

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                  Good luck. I did the same thing to my wife. She never said a word but refuses to give me money when I need something for the bike. I just save my pennies.
                  WoW I'd divorce a chic quick on that note!

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
                  oh hell no, i can afford my own place to live, i just choose not to. Been thinking about moving out again, but the problem is maintenance. I really dont want to come home and have to mow my lawn, etc etc.....

So what I just read this is blah blah blah i'm lazy and entitled, and would rather live off my parents. Wow......kids today amaze me....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Hrm...I moved out the moment I turned 18. LOved my parents, but didn't like the thumbs on me. I read somewhere that it's an American trend though- kids staying with their parents until they're in their mid/late twenties. It's fine and all, I've just never met someone living with their parents who had progressed beyond being a child yet. But ****, it's usually free (of charge).

I'm not sure why I let this woman move in yet...

>=o)

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
                      oh god, LOL. Anyhow, they calmed down before i left. They were just ****ed that i didnt tell them. Even then, i dont see why. But oh well.
                      Probably a little miffed you felt the need to hide it from them instead of being upfront about it.

The "versus" mentality is telling.

Comment

Ick. I graduated on a Sunday and moved out on Monday. My mom promptly rented my room out.

Anyways, my wife found my bike, told me to buy it, and promptly took extended life insurance out on me. Maybe she was trying to tell me something. Hmmm. Meh, 4 years later, and she hasn't kicked me out yet, or cut my brake lines.

Tom's idea is the best, I'm going to leave that note when I go for a new bike

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                          WoW I'd divorce a chic quick on that note!

So what I just read this is blah blah blah i'm lazy and entitled, and would rather live off my parents. Wow......kids today amaze me....
                          Wow, I love haters. I have no need to justify myself to you, however. I am 100% independant, have the ability to move at a moments notice if i desire, and the reason I live with my parents (and we're talking about my mom and stepdad here, my dad is no longer a part of my life due to him being a d-bag), is because...I am an over the road truck driver. I am home 1 day a week. Why should i spend $1000 a month on a place to live, that i will see once a week? What's the damn point? I also am trying to get a local job, and as soon as i get one...I'm out!

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                          Hrm...I moved out the moment I turned 18. LOved my parents, but didn't like the thumbs on me. I read somewhere that it's an American trend though- kids staying with their parents until they're in their mid/late twenties. It's fine and all, I've just never met someone living with their parents who had progressed beyond being a child yet. But ****, it's usually free (of charge).

I'm not sure why I let this woman move in yet...

>=o)
                          Honestly, I kind of yo-yoed. I moved out when I was 20. Moved back in with my "dad" when the idiots i worked for were screwing me and i couldn't afford my place anymore. Quit the job because i was making just enough to eat. Could not find another job for a long period of time. Was being treated like crap at home, couchsurfed at various friends and relatives houses. Got on my feet, got a very cheap ghettoish apartment. Car was falling apart because i had no money. Literally, a wheel fell off once. Hours got cut, moved in with a girl. Girl turned out to be a raging psychopath, moved in with my mom. Got my current job, and now im here.

Anyhow, seeing as how i basically live in a truck, and primarily use my "home" as a place to store my car and bike and booze....and a place to sleep (and i own my own futon, lol), and i leave when i wake up and come back when im tired....meh.

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                          Ick. I graduated on a Sunday and moved out on Monday. My mom promptly rented my room out.

Anyways, my wife found my bike, told me to buy it, and promptly took extended life insurance out on me. Maybe she was trying to tell me something. Hmmm. Meh, 4 years later, and she hasn't kicked me out yet, or cut my brake lines.

Tom's idea is the best, I'm going to leave that note when I go for a new bike
                          Man, it took me 2 years to get a job that wasn't for a temp agency, and actually had any kind of stability at all...and it was working for walmart. That crap sucked and barely paid for my place to live! I live in one of the worst places to try to find a job in. Not really my fault though, I was born here and i'm ready to move anywhere...but i'm not taking a pay cut just to be home more.
                          Last edited by phroziac; 04-19-2010, 12:09 PM.

Comment

After I finished college, I moved in with my parents briefly while I looked for a permanent place to live. At 23, I basically had almost a 'roommate' situation with my parents. Sure, they're still my parents obviously.....but I could come and go as I pleased at all hours of the night, bought what I wanted to, went where I wanted to....it was a much different situation than when I was in Highschool living with them. At 23, there really shouldn't be much (if any) accountability to your parents anymore.

The one hiccup I can think of, is if you aren't paying rent, they may resent the fact that you blow money on whatever you feel like, while mooching off of them for free. So be careful of that. If you have money for a bike, they probably feel that you have money to pay for groceries, rent, and electricity too.

Otherwise, I don't see how they have any say in the decision. If it really bothers them that much, just bail

Comment

I meant to mention- buying a house is usually WAY cheaper. I grabbed a PHFA loan and a liveable (I think I just amde that word up) house when I moved to this part of PA. Mortgage is 285/mo.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

dude, I'm 40 and my parents gave me endless crap about buying a bike...and i dot live with them.

my father the proclaimed expert on EVERYTHING decided to start giving me "advice" on how to ride. just put aside the fact that hes NEVER been on a bike, as a passenger or a rider, but, like everything else, hes an EXPERT on it all.

I basically had to tell him to shut his piehole, he doesn't have the faintest clue what hes talking about.

basically, you just gotta man up and let them know in no uncertain terms that its your life, your decisions, your consequences.

See My Garage for mods...
                                T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                                Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
                                X