X
X

How to tell my parents i bought it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom didn't find out about the Kat for a long time after I bought it!!

She hate motorcycles. Of course it's because my cousin (who was kind of a squid) died in a wreck..
    Even though I was 40 I didn't tell her, she heard it fourth hand!

Comment

Originally posted by tmk7c9 View Post
      After I finished college, I moved in with my parents briefly while I looked for a permanent place to live. At 23, I basically had almost a 'roommate' situation with my parents. Sure, they're still my parents obviously.....but I could come and go as I pleased at all hours of the night, bought what I wanted to, went where I wanted to....it was a much different situation than when I was in Highschool living with them. At 23, there really shouldn't be much (if any) accountability to your parents anymore.

The one hiccup I can think of, is if you aren't paying rent, they may resent the fact that you blow money on whatever you feel like, while mooching off of them for free. So be careful of that. If you have money for a bike, they probably feel that you have money to pay for groceries, rent, and electricity too.

Otherwise, I don't see how they have any say in the decision. If it really bothers them that much, just bail
      I pay them rent, not much but its what they ask for, and i mostly only use what i buy...unless its something like pie, which i routinely share mine with them so... Anyway, i mostly have no accountability to them. However, they still whine and moan about everything. If i had any job besides what inm doing now, i'd be out in a new york minute!

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
      I meant to mention- buying a house is usually WAY cheaper. I grabbed a PHFA loan and a liveable (I think I just amde that word up) house when I moved to this part of PA. Mortgage is 285/mo.
      2 problems: 1) WTF is a PHFA loan? 2) My credit sucks, but it'll be repaired by the end of the summer

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
      dude, I'm 40 and my parents gave me endless crap about buying a bike...and i dot live with them.

my father the proclaimed expert on EVERYTHING decided to start giving me "advice" on how to ride. just put aside the fact that hes NEVER been on a bike, as a passenger or a rider, but, like everything else, hes an EXPERT on it all.

I basically had to tell him to shut his piehole, he doesn't have the faintest clue what hes talking about.

basically, you just gotta man up and let them know in no uncertain terms that its your life, your decisions, your consequences.
      man that sounds like my dad, who stole my 1981 suzuki DS-100, 1984 honda atc200s, and tried to destroy my life through false police reports.
      Last edited by phroziac; 04-19-2010, 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
        Wow, I love haters. I have no need to justify myself to you, however. I am 100% independant, have the ability to move at a moments notice if i desire, and the reason I live with my parents (and we're talking about my mom and stepdad here, my dad is no longer a part of my life due to him being a d-bag), is because...I am an over the road truck driver. I am home 1 day a week. Why should i spend $1000 a month on a place to live, that i will see once a week? What's the damn point? I also am trying to get a local job, and as soon as i get one...I'm out!

Well if that is in fact the truth....then I can understand not wanting to rent your own digs if you truly are gone that much. Still your a grown *** man, you shouldn't be concerned if your mom is gonna get upset you bought a motorcycle. I bought my first bike at 18 (i'd been moved out for a year). Neither of my parents said anything, I was out of the house, making my own way, and my own money.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          My mom didn't find out about the Kat for a long time after I bought it!!

She hate motorcycles. Of course it's because my cousin (who was kind of a squid) died in a wreck..
          Even though I was 40 I didn't tell her, she heard it fourth hand!

OMG!!! We are long lost brothers!
          My mom is 75 and freaks every time I show up at the house on it.

"Oh Lordy, Lordy. Why do you have to ride that thing. Oh Lord have mercy! I know your have a car. You still have a car, right? Oh sweet Jesus, please use the car. When are you going to sell it? Why don't you sell it? You could sell it, you know. Oh my Lord, help him."

Ain't no guilt like BMMG (Black Mama Motorcycle Guilt)
          Call it "Jewish Guilt Lite".
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post

"Oh Lordy, Lordy. Why do you have to ride that thing. Oh Lord have mercy! I know your have a car. You still have a car, right? Oh sweet Jesus, please use the car. When are you going to sell it? Why don't you sell it? You could sell it, you know. Oh my Lord, help him."

lol, my mom had a grandma that always insisted they ride the bus when they come to visit (southwest MI to des moines, ia...long ride!) instead of driving. Some people... Oh, and one time i was on a greyhound that was involved in an accident. LOL..

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
            Well if that is in fact the truth....then I can understand not wanting to rent your own digs if you truly are gone that much. Still your a grown *** man, you shouldn't be concerned if your mom is gonna get upset you bought a motorcycle. I bought my first bike at 18 (i'd been moved out for a year). Neither of my parents said anything, I was out of the house, making my own way, and my own money.
            It's the truth and infact my 10 hr break is up in a few minutes and I have to get this cereal delivered at 8pm today and then pick up a load going to miami with a second stop in orlando (thank god for not having to go to canada for a while!)

honestly, i didn't care what they thought. I just dont like getting yelled at, if you know what i mean. Maybe that makes me weak, i dont know, i just dont like it. I have anxiety issues.

I wish i bought my first bike when i was 18. I bought a boat instead.

Comment

I have kids and would be more than happy for them to live at home and save some money while they are able...so don't let the living with my folks get to you enjoy it while its cheap living...as far as telling mom you bought a bike, moms have a way of making you feel guarded about making a bad choice so she must of done something right in raising you, just tell her its what you wanted and you'll be safe and you love her...just don't do any wheelies in front of her
              sigpic

Comment

My dad actually went out and bought a bike shortly after seeing my KZ550 when I was 18. I guess I stired up the Shadow days from way back in the 70's when he had a phro with a bandanna on, and my mom strait *** hair with the Suicidal Tendencys shirt with a HUGE Pot leaf on it

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

2 problems: 1) WTF is a PHFA loan?
                  Ha! It's just a loan for first-time homebuyers. I guess the state secures them or whatever. The "P" is for Pennsylvania. So I guess you'd have an MHFA. The rates are super low, at least it was for me.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

...Mortgage is 285/mo.

Must... fight... urge...

... to hop a quick flight to PA and strangle you senseless out of unholy envy.

You have got to be kidding me??!! My first APARTMENT was $380/mo!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well- all things relative and all, it's kinda "homey" (1100ish sq ft. in 3 floors) and it could be a better neighborhood. But for what I needed this place has been perfect. I just spent the first few weeks sitting on the porch with my Akita, cleaning an AR-15. Have never had any issues.

But hey- if you wanna ride the Busa out I know a couple good roads, lol.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Ha! It's just a loan for first-time homebuyers. I guess the state secures them or whatever. The "P" is for Pennsylvania. So I guess you'd have an MHFA. The rates are super low, at least it was for me.
                        I'd love to move to pennsylvania..wonder if i'd still be elgible then..

hell my first apartment was $540/month. cheapest i had was $460/month.

Comment

We call it Sick Irish Sh$%

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

We call it Sick Irish Sh$%

sigpic

Comment

Must... fight... urge...

... to hop a quick flight to PA and strangle you senseless out of unholy envy.

You have got to be kidding me??!! My first APARTMENT was $380/mo!!
                              He also lives in one of those parts of PA that are 3 hours from anywhere useful
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It's true, I'm exactly 3.000006 hours from Steve...

>=o)

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                                X