X

Riding in the winter snow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuma View Post
    I know that winter is inevitable and it means storing bikes for many Katriders. If you find yourself coming south this winter to get back on the road, you're welcome to stay over here in Texas. I have a slightly guilty conscience because I get to ride nearly any day of the year, while others have "riding seasons".
    same here Zuma, year round in FL....It rarely gets below 40 degree's here....May hit a week or 2 in the low 30's at night but only for a week or so...
    I just throw a hoodie on under the leather jacket, and leather over pants, and get to it son!!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

... where would one buy such studded tires??
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

I want those tires too! Do they fabricated it themselves? Or it's a manufactured product?
        sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Not worth it to me. Thats what the cage is for.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Oh man now that is too cool.

Originally posted by katanawarrior
            I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

As soon as I see snow my baby is in the garage, thats what cages are for.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Cruisingram you are a man among men.My bil tried riding all winter one year,didn'twork out well tore up a new bike in the process.Aw the 80's I miss them

Comment

I ride all Winter as long as there is no snow on the roads. The ZX-14 in the snow would be a handful to say the least. Studded tires are illegal here Michigan otherwise I would probably do it.

If I had an Dual sport bike I would ride it in the snow all the time.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Speedratchet View Post
                    I ride in the Winter all the time.
                    That's just cruel......really freakin' cruel. I rode this afternoon and my legs felt it.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I saw the frost on the roofs around me this morning... I'm hoping to get out for a while this afternoon after the sun warms things up... have to take advantage of the last few days.
                      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

ive never seen snow. i do all my traveling in the warm months. snow is that white stuff that falls to the ground up north aint it?

Comment

i ride the cruiser in the snow crappy weather....
                          lower, better traction and much lighter makes it easier to handle
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

When i had my little cruiser it had tubed tires the bes thing i found was removing the tube and tire taking roofing nails sticking them through the tire and cutting them off at short even lengths and instaling it back together would not advise highway speeds the journey from the house to work was 3.5 miles each way but in connecicut it worked well
                            Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

ride during the winter time only if the snowflakes are turning into slush but if the ground is like more then a few inches of snow I would rather just drive my truck.

Comment

It tried snowing here today. I rode the bike into the shop to get her ready for storage.
                                Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                                www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                                X