• Show
Clear All

Calm down children and fight nicely.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

no not you dexter, scotty.......and for that responce, i was busy and didnt have time to go into detail. but if you wish you can jump over to my buddys thread and look at his build and it will explain everything.
      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
      2004 marauder 800

Comment

Lulz, this thread delivers them.

Seriously, chill out, not like I insulted you or anything, just asked how you were going to deal with the issue and you had no response, I could look at rob's thread but you're MUCH more fun.

I'm gonna ask again since you didn't have an answer last time, how are you planning to tune the carbs? I'm genuinely asking you this, quit taking it as an insult.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

im not talking to you.

2006 turboed kat
          2004 marauder 800

Comment

nevermind, not even sure why I bothered...carry on...
            Last edited by teddy; 01-12-2011, 05:38 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Ok let matt post his pics and info, if you guys want to know how everything is gonna work you should be directing them toward me since im more the brains and builder on his bike and also my own, he got the idea to do this after he seen my build in my garage.

All in all, CV carbs do not care about boost, as long as fuel pressure is 1psi over boost pressure they work like there normal cv carbs....this is untrue for any other carbs, like flatslides, or round slides. And this isnt my first turbo blow-thru or draw through setup for that matter

Back to the build

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                Ok let matt post his pics and info, if you guys want to know how everything is gonna work you should be directing them toward me since im more the brains and builder on his bike and also my own, he got the idea to do this after he seen my build in my garage.

All in all, CV carbs do not care about boost, as long as fuel pressure is 1psi over boost pressure they work like there normal cv carbs....this is untrue for any other carbs, like flatslides, or round slides. And this isnt my first turbo blow-thru or draw through setup for that matter

Back to the build

Ive built many turbo systems and that said i willl point out fuel pressure is not nearly as important as the carbs air pressure. In order for a CV carb or any carbs on a blow throu system to perform NORNALLY ( yes there are otherways to do it but none give you the driveability without huge flat spots in the power curve or dead spots in the carbs fuel metering) you have to balance the bowls to the intake pressure

higher fuel pressure is needed to force fuel into a presurized fuel bowl...
                you must plumb the carbs vent system to the sealed intake before the carbs. This will = the pressure from the throat of the carb and the float bowl so there is no differences in the fuel metering. as you said fuel pressure must still be slightly higher then then boost pressure. if there is 5 psi of pressure in the bowls there must be 6+ psi of fuel pressure.

if you dont = the pressure in the bowls the air jets for the pilot circuit and secondarys behind the venturi will be overly lean as they will see a higher air pressure then the venturi, the bike will have to draw most of the fuel from the main circuit and thats where the dead spots come from that so many first timers complain about. ie the bike runs clean with the intake pipe pulled off the plenum or crank case vent removed etc, by dropping the pressure the carb will perform normally. but hooked up acts like its not getting any air

FWIW the Busa and Bandit engines are a lot stronger then the Kat, much heavier rods, crank etc and we have seen blown gaskets and major fuel issues at even 6psi. I would not run the engine at 6psi on anything less then 100 octane on an air cooled.
                I would also highly recommend a catch can built for the crank case vent and dont forget to use a PCV valve. you dont want to be blowing gaskets and seals out of the engine.
                Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

now thank you for your advice.

2006 turboed kat
                  2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                    Calm down children and fight nicely.

Just thought I'd point out the irony here....

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                    im not talking to you.
                    Last edited by loudnlow7484; 01-13-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• so last night, got about half of the plenum done, the hole saw bit ran dull so that was it for the night, tonight the plenum will get done, just need to paint it afterwards and such........ umm pretty much it for now.. ill post back later tonight with what gets done.

2006 turboed kat
                      2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Just looked for the smiley eating popcorn. Couldn't find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                          Just thought I'd point out the irony here....

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• the plenum got done tonight, ill post pics tomorrow.

2006 turboed kat
                            2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Originally posted by ckenwright View Post
                              Just looked for the smiley eating popcorn. Couldn't find it.
                              sigpic
                              2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                                popcorn sounds delish right now....

2006 turboed kat
                                2004 marauder 800

Comment

Working...
                                X