Another turbo katana build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck!

Comment

thanks, so the new goals of the week... going to pick up the metal to do the plenum, and the charge pipe. Hopefully get that all welded up and installed.... hopefully i receive my oil feed line, so then I can get the feed line hooked up, get the scav. pump mounted up and plumbed.. Then ummm hopefully order my fuel pump, I guess I should just knock the gas tank plumbing out one day... oh I just remembered I also have the T's for the carb's ordered and there already shipped so I should have those this week! ... Well guys wish me luck for this week!!!! hopefully it goes smoothly........
      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
      2004 marauder 800

Comment

Good luck, keep posting update, enjoying the read and the pics.

Comment

will do.

2006 turboed kat
          2004 marauder 800

Comment

anticipating the plumbing run to the carbs!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

just bought the pipe today, along with new bulbs for the shop lights that decided to burn out, frickin all of them burned out within a month or 2!.... but yea pipes bought, just gotta do the plenum this week then run the pipe...... the feed line should be here in a couple days as well. GOD IM EXCITED!

2006 turboed kat
              2004 marauder 800

Comment

SO AM I!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by zax722 View Post
                  SO AM I!!! lol
                  lol nice.... hey your near the rally for this year... if you come down you'll see the bike fyi...... i mean the yearly rally in july.

2006 turboed kat
                  2004 marauder 800

Comment

its about four hours away from my town. so if the kats running im definately ridin it there..if not i'll probably be on whatever other bike i end up buying..(but hopefully just gonna get the kat going)

Comment

How is your setup going to overcome the fact that a carburetor won't work if the air stream is under pressure? Is your fuel pump and regulator going to match fuel pressure to boost pressure? If so, you're going to have to consider an alternative material for your floats since they'll be pretty much useless when exposed to that kind of pressure.
                      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

it'll work, lets leave it at that.

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

Say bye bye to the venturi, good point alex.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Say bye bye to the venturi, good point alex.
                            air pressure pushing through the carbs once the intake valve opens will still give the venturi effect, most likely better (due to the higher velocity)than it had naturally aspirated. Long before EFI became the end all be all, people were successfully turbo charging cars, trucks and bikes with no need for special floats.
                            John,
                            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
                              air pressure pushing through the carbs once the intake valve opens will still give the venturi effect, most likely better (due to the higher velocity)than it had naturally aspirated. Long before EFI became the end all be all, people were successfully turbo charging cars, trucks and bikes with no need for special floats.
                              I had a big long response typed out, but my computer ate it.

Bottom line, I don't understand how air being pushed through the carbs (on boost) is going to pull enough fuel out of the main jet as opposed to naturally having the venturi effect from the small vacuum. Seems to me it would just push the intake through and massively lean out no matter how big of a jet you throw in there.

One of my tech books has a full section on the zx750 turbo or whatever it was, gonna read it in class tomorrow but I don't remember it saying anything special about the carbs so who knows.

EFI ftmfw though, for sure.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

im not here to debate this, if you want to debate how a turbo works with carbs, go do it into your pillow.... im here to dictate my build and post pics... you are no longer welcome to debate my own build with me... if in the end it all goes to hell and blows up then so be it.. until then.. sit back and enjoy watching the build?.... speaking of build how many bikes have you turbo'ed? exactly.....

!UPDATE FOR THE DAY! well today was a good day, like i said the other day i picked up the pipe for the charge tube, today i got all the sheet metal ordered for the plenum, i will be going with 18ga steel(in the future i will rebuild it out of aluminum most likely, just wanna see how this goes first).. i also picked up all the hose clamp's i will need. Finally in the mail I received the vaccume/pressure T's for the carb's, im most likely going to take them to rob's on Thursday and put those in... and also on a side note, i decided to start up the bike, and boy does it start whistling around 3000-3500rpm's.. sounds so beautiful!..... ill post pic's up in a little while.
                                Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-12-2011, 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 turboed kat
                                2004 marauder 800

Comment

Working...
                                X