No announcement yet.
X

Another turbo katana build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for the advice, i think for now ill try it this way. if in the end it turns up that i need to modify it (which wouldnt be hard) then i will. ill keep this in mind..
    "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
    2004 marauder 800

Comment

• THis is gunna be so sweet. Deffinatly take a video or something. Any chance of you getting a dyno?

This is gunna be one fast cat.

Comment

• just wondering, where does the hose running from the pilot tubes go? looks like one is going to the bowl vent tees, where does the other one go? ANYBODY???

Comment

• WTF are pilot tubes?
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

• Man i think its sick !! in a good way. I hope you are not working at some cheap low paying job. i have been doing machinest work for 28 yrs. evrything from manual to CNC. You have talent. and a lot of it. It doesnt have to run perfect, go over 250 MPH, 6 second quarter. you made it yourself, you made it work. The bike does run. I was under the impression you wanted to put a turbo on a kat. and make it run. YOU DID !! when evrybody else said you couldnt, wouldnt, shouldnt, HAHAHAHA Man you did it. !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
              WTF are pilot tubes?
              these.....
              :bunny2:bunny2

2006 turboed kat
              2004 marauder 800

Comment

• thanks for answering my question..

Comment

• Originally posted by CHRISKAT600 View Post
                  thanks for answering my question..
                  if you ment pitot tube? then its the same on the other side, going to the vent for the bowls on the carb.

2006 turboed kat
                  2004 marauder 800

Comment

• the only reason i ask is because you have 2 hose coming from each side of the pilot tube. Im sure one hose goes to the bowl vent, i was just wondering where the other one went.

Comment

• more updates, more pictures!
                      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• def subscribed.... awesome work so far! cant wait to see the finished product! might be changing my mind on the 1127 swap now... just for that "different" factor...

also, since a smart car turbo is kinda hard to find right now... can you think of any other, more available turbos that would work?
                        Last edited by airforceranger49; 01-25-2011, 11:12 PM.

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

• Greddy T88H-38GK
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

• looks like a good turbo... but are there any out there that dont cost 3k just for the turbo? like any old DSM turbos perhaps?

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                              "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

• per my buddy rob, the list of turbo's you want to look for would be, obviously the smart car (kkk kp31), gt12, gt15, gt17, td04, tdo5h, k04, k03.... thats what i was givin, the reason i got it was becuase i found it on craigslist for 120bucks.... ill get an update tonight hopefully, this past week i haven't touched the bike, ive been sick.

Originally posted by CHRISKAT600 View Post
                                the only reason i ask is because you have 2 hose coming from each side of the pilot tube. Im sure one hose goes to the bowl vent, i was just wondering where the other one went.
                                first, i dont know what a pilot tube is...... but now a pitot tube on the other hand.... its going to both vents for each carb, i bought the T for the carbs but it wouldn't work so i had to run each individual line.
                                Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 turboed kat
                                2004 marauder 800

Comment

Working...
                                X